www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:23 am 

For lack of finding my size in anything else in the store I hesitantly bought a pack of Tena protective underwear just to use for the time being. While these are not sufficient for school or a long drive they work great and are so comfortable. They make no noise and are very absorbent and have no odor. You hardly know you have them on. I accidently fell asleep on my couch for two hours and stood up soaking but the product did not leak one bit. I ceouldn't believe it. They work better than depend belted undergarments. I have a pair of thicker material stretch workout pants that show no lines at all. I'll have to say I look pretty good in them. They should advertise them more because people with stress incontinence would use this instead of Poise. It's like freedom. Not sure how they would do for a major flood but am tempted to try intentionally at home to see what happens. That seems kind of weird but it may be better to test that way. I am doing so well! Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:08 am 

LtsofQues,
I once tried a sample pack from HDIS, and there was a sample of the Tena pull-on. Very well made and absorbant. It's made well and is soft. I'm using a similar product that is as absorbant but not real soft. It's cheaper, so that's why. They are very quiet, and you really can't tell you have a diaper on. I'm glad you found something that works well for you! ...........................Paul Martin

Post subject: Tena
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:17 pm 

Yes...TENA has recently become more available and more advertised. I, too, discovered them via a sample pack from HDIS and found them quite good for specific times. Many of us will find that our individual supply will include varied brands for particular times or activity. Not just one brand for every occasion, nor one method that works all the time. There are those times when we do NOT want to 'over engineer' our protection and this may be more true in the hot months or when we are not out and about for longer periods.

TENA has advertised a lot lately on TV and I've also discovered their inserts (aka boosters or pads) are very good and add yet another dimension of flexibility and extra absorbancy. Sometimes the insert
change is so much easier when out compared to a full diaper change
in a restroom. And, a good insert like TENA (made in a range of absorbancies) will often absorb a complete bladder void with very little spillage onto the pullup or tape-on diaper. The inserts/pads/boosters are a lot easier to carry and dispose of, too.

Yes, the TENA products are very good and seem to be available at most
Wal Marts in my area, tho this may vary due to local marketing and brand promotion schemes.

Like many of us, LotsOfQuestions has discovered that trial and error and use of a variety of products will always be a part of the routine in dealing with our specific bladder problems.

John.

Post subject: it's amazing
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:21 pm 

It's amazing how much stress is gone when you are comfortable and can do more things without worry. you have more confidence when you don't have to worry about leaks, noise, odor, or a bulge showing. The only thing is having to be more aware of when to change because its so absorbant that its easy to forget and wait too long since you don't feel wet like with other products. These are really designed for active people who are working and make you feel like fitting in with anyone else who doesn't need diapers. I even contacted Tena and told them how great the product works.

Post subject: Tena pull ups
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:50 am 

LtsofQues,
I was curious which type of pull up you are trying from Tena. They have two types. One is the "plus" and the other is the "extra absorbant". The sample I tried was the "plus". It was very soft. Some of these I've tried some that are a little scratchy.
I'm very glad to hear you have found something that works for you. Whenever I get something that impresses me, I'll send a word to the manufacture as you did. Kepp in touch! ..............Paul Martin

Post subject: The product
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:56 pm 

It's tena protective underwear, not suitable for every situation like school or a long drive. However, it works very well otherwise and is so comfortable. The other day a little leak came through the back from not changing on time. It was just a small spot and probably not that noticeble. Other than that no problems. It didn't feel wet or heavy and because of that lost track of needing to change.

Post subject: Baby diapers
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:22 am 

John1050, you make a good point about effective boosters that are easier to change then the pull on or tape on diaper that you are wearing, especially when out and having to use public rest rooms.

Have you considered size 6 baby diapers? They are incredibly absorbant and long enough to fully cover the crotch area within your regualar diaper. They easily hold a full void in most cases and are easy to slide out and slide a new one in without disturbing your main diaper. And your main diaper can last all day and stay pretty dry at the same time.

Some even consider disposing the wet baby diapers easier....as they are a "normal occurance" in trash.

And I'll bet you'll find them cheaper than any adult booster product.

JoeK