www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Favorite Pull-ups
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:04 pm 

I know we've had some Pull-Up threads in the past but let's go for a consensus one here. Personally I use
Pull-Ups for an in between time, after my work day diaper and before my night time diaper (obviously thicker because I need more protection) after I air our, I slip on a Pull-Up for an hour or two. Works well for me. I either use NorthShore's or surprise here, Depend Fit Flex. I know they don't get any sort of positive look from most people, but they get the job done for me, personally. So anyone who uses Pull-Ups, what's your favorite, or your go-to, and how do they work for you?

Post subject: Re: Favorite Pull-ups
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:54 pm 

Unfortunately pullups don't even work for me for an hour before leaking. I haven't tried the Northshore ones though.

When I need to dry out I just use a small baby diaper to catch any dribbling while I lie on my bed with the ceiling fan on high. This dries me out good in just a few minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:30 pm 

I agree on the fan and laying out for drying out, normally I'll just have a pull-up a little down my waist but leaving my butt and penis and scrotum uncovered, for a little while. I'll read or whatever and then after awhile just pull my pull-up up. Lol! And I'll go with that for a little while and then I put my night time diaper on later. Schedule is subject to change however lol.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:23 am 

For me the best pull-up is the Abena Abri-flex. I use it as an in-between diaper, but only for limited periods when I think I will not leak. That way I use the same pull-up the following day, until I do leak.

For airing out (or drying out, if you prefer) I try to go cold turkey with nothing on, but my chair has a protective pad. My airing out period is when I also get two for one by trying timed voiding for a limited period of time. To make timed voiding work I have found it best not to be wearing a diaper. I do not want my mind to be telling itself that it is ok to pee because it knows that I am wearing a diaper. :roll:

--John

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:24 am 

I use the heavy flannel pull-ups from ADC, (Adult Cloth Diaper). Because my leakage is usually just a slow dribble, they work just fine. I air out by sitting on the toilet with a good book when I'm alone in the house.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:03 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
For me the best pull-up is the Abena Abri-flex. I use it as an in-between diaper, but only for limited periods when I think I will not leak. That way I use the same pull-up the following day, until I do leak.

For airing out (or drying out, if you prefer) I try to go cold turkey with nothing on, but my chair has a protective pad. My airing out period is when I also get two for one by trying timed voiding for a limited period of time. To make timed voiding work I have found it best not to be wearing a diaper. I do not want my mind to be telling itself that it is ok to pee because it knows that I am wearing a diaper. :roll:

--John

That's true JD, I'm sure your mind would be just itching to let loose in a diaper, well Pull-Up, well we're big boys here, they're pretty much the same, just weaker.

But I'm in agreement with you for the most part. I don't particularly try timed voiding much, I know I should, you always give me good advice, but I also notice I have a tendency to have accidents when I'm airing out, I truly feel it's the cold air all over me down there. And I've been told that's not a rare reaction for diapered ones. But being able to pull my Pull-Up, Up when I start to trickle has worked well enough for me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:31 am 

Hotdogg,

You said "I also notice I have a tendency to have accidents when I'm airing out, I truly feel it's the cold air all over me down there. And I've been told that's not a rare reaction for diapered ones."

Quite so. That is not at all unusual as a cold environment is a documented "trigger" for many with urinary incontinence.

--John

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:20 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
Hotdogg,

You said "I also notice I have a tendency to have accidents when I'm airing out, I truly feel it's the cold air all over me down there. And I've been told that's not a rare reaction for diapered ones."

Quite so. That is not at all unusual as a cold environment is a documented "trigger" for many with urinary incontinence.

--John

I do wonder the science behind that. It is worse when I'm "damp" so to speak, like in the midst of a diaper change before I've wiped myself down.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:04 pm 

Been using the Abena Abriflex, but they have changed slightly and I don't like them as much, I have tried the wellness pullups and do like those, as well as one of the other Abena pullups, don't believe the call that other one the abriflex, I think it has a different name, anyway, those are good too.dont think I'm going to go back to the the abriflex when this case is finished.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:49 pm 

I used to say the Abriflex hands down. Over half a dozen years, tried many options, but always came back to the Abriflex. Now the same size is too tight and no, I haven't gotten larger. As a result, the coverage in the back is too low, even though if you look at the pull up before putting it on, it still looks pretty high. They must have done something with the legs and leak guards too, because now I leak out the left side. This would happen with other brands, but rarely with the old Abriflex. Need to find something new, and unfortunately, I am physically unable to manage briefs, so have fewer options.

Before this, I would have said my second best is Tranquility, which at least is U.S. made and therefore widely available from a variety of sources, but I had my issues with those. Seni was adequate but not preferred, Northshore FlexSupreme was disappointing, although when they've sent me samples with my orders of Abena or something else, I've kept them just in case. Will now get around to trying the GoSupreme, which is supposed to be better, and I guess Wellness.