www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bloomers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:32 am 

Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone has tried or is using the bloomer style waterproof panty from KINS and your opinion of them?
Rick

Post subject: Waterproof bloomers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:43 am 

Hi Rick!
You know, I've seen these around for a long time, and I had a hard time trying to figure out why you would wear these. I do not own a pair, but I believe their best use is a night while sleeping wih a cloth diaper or a disposable diaper too. Looks like with the leg bands way down your leg, you're assured that leaks would not happen. Has anybody out there used these before that could give us some insight on these??? .....Paul Martin

Post subject: bloomers
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:44 pm 

Hi all the pants I get from adult diaper co. look like bloomers but believe me or not they don't leak on me at night as I'am a side sleeper.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:12 am 
Admin

Hi Ron

Thats great that they work for you. :D

One of the hardest things about being incontinent is the trial and error that we all go through to find what works best for each of us. For those of us that sleep on our fronts or backs, its easy to find a plastic pant that works best. We can even get away with using snap-on plastic pants. But for a side sleeper, its really hard. Snap-on pants are normally out of the question as they are almost guaranteed to leak. I'm glad to hear that the bloomer type pant works best for you.

I was wondering how many other side sleepers have tried the bloomer style pant :?:
Is this something that we can recomend to other side sleepers to try :?:

Post subject: Re: bloomers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:21 pm 

I think the idea with plastic bloomers is to pull up the leg bands a bit, or even right up close to the crotch rather than to wear them all the way down. Also most bloomers have a higher waist than most brief-type plastic pants.

- Pete

[quote="schoppy"]Hi Ron

Thats great that they work for you. :D

One of the hardest things about being incontinent is the trial and error that we all go through to find what works best for each of us. For those of us that sleep on our fronts or backs, its easy to find a plastic pant that works best. We can even get away with using snap-on plastic pants. But for a side sleeper, its really hard. Snap-on pants are normally out of the question as they are almost guaranteed to leak. I'm glad to hear that the bloomer type pant works best for you.

I was wondering how many other side sleepers have tried the bloomer style pant :?:
Is this something that we can recomend to other side sleepers to try :?:[/quote]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:48 pm 

H i all just to follow up the last couple of nights my incon. has been really acting up and the bloomers from adult diapers has held no leaks.

Post subject: Plastic pants bloomers
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:07 pm 

I really believe if you are a side sleeper, are having heavy flow at night, and you wear a cloth diaper, the bloomer is a great bet. I still believe you'll need some good side protection from the diaper you are wearing, but as you turn over from side to side, the wetness will follow to that side and not leak on your bed.
I've had a few bad nights where a bloomer would have been a great help. But usually, if I feel that I'm going to have a bad night, I just bulk up more with a thicker diaper. ..................Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:45 pm 

I`m a heavy wetter and wear the medium guage KINS plastic bloomers.They cover even heavy cloth night diapers. Rarely,if ever leak but I still sleep on a cloth underpad.

Post subject: Re: Bloomers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:29 pm 

I just registered here and like the nature of the posts.
I'm a long time user of Kins products and use the vinyl bloomers for night protection, actually two at a time. I hate the idea of a wet or stained bed. Once I got used to the bloomers I found them comfortable and secure. However I don't depend on the plastic to prevent leaks - it's the capacity to hold wetness that really counts. A Kins diaper with extra padding, hook and loop, with two inserts holds everything and then some. I gave up on the plastic regular style pants long ago.
The plastic used to rip after a few washes, but we bought a new Miele washer and dryer and after two years I have yet to see a tear the plastic, even when washed regular cycle at 60 C, and dried at the full temperature along with the cloth.
If you are really worried about night leaks at the top of the pants, Kins has a plastic "coverall" that covers the upper body as well. I use that the occasional time I have night time diarrhea and it has saved the day on several occasions.

Post subject: Re: Bloomers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:31 pm 
Admin

Welcome to the group Fredf, nice to have another BC member in the ranks! I an on the Island, being held hostage by BC ferries! lol Feel free to do an introduction in the General Discussion section if you feel like letting us all know what you are all about, & how you came upon this site! :) Puffy