www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:10 pm 

I posted under the general discussion. I have leakgae and just started using a poise panty and feel like I have more control over the situation. Sandy, you were right a poise panty won't hold up for a workout and is very difficult to change in public especially when you need to do it immediately. Since I have been drinking water I leak more but can manage it with protection and this protection can get a big obvious bulge if you don't realize its wet and don't change often. That is not hygenic anyway. If I excercise I will need something that is absorbent enough for my body to contantly dribble for one hour and a cuople of gushes and has tapes to change easily and discreetly. Also, the panty may not hold up for a long power walk especially if I don't get home in time to get to the bathroom and I would like to avoid walking through the neighborhood with wet pants if possible. I don't know if there is anything out there like this that also looks discreet. I have a self esteem issue still about wearing a diaper even though this is the only time I might need it. One thing that bothers me is that when you go to a gym many women are showing off their cute excercise close and I'm trying to think of every possible way to disguise the lower half of my body. I don't have the figure for that anyway but it is definitely a challenge.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:42 pm 

Hey LstofQues,

I know Sandy will give you her advise on this subject and indeed she needs to since she's a female and I'm not. But, let me give you some advise on my part as a male.

I think I mentioned to you in an earlier post that HDIS is a supplier by mail order of a whole bunch of different incontinent supplies. They have a large line on pull-up panties or more "pad" type incontinent supplies. If I were you, andyou're looking for some discreet protection, I would order their sample pack of light incontinence protection. There is a large scale of protection out there. Some are not too good, while some are as absorbant as a full breif.

I personally use a pull up available at "Rite-Aid" drug store. It's their extra absorbant pull up and it really holds a lot. When I finish working out over the hour I'm in the exercize room, I'm pretty wet, but the diaper could hold even more. I'm really sold on them, and they are pretty cheap. I usually can find them on sale at that drug store too.

Sandy needs to give her opinion on your question. I'm sure she'll post soon. Anyway's, if you want to try a bunch of samples from HDIS, they have a link on this website under "Links". Good Luck!! ...........Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:35 pm 

Hello lstofques
It appears I'm falling behind on posting :? The one thing I'm picking up on is the fact that your more concerned about the discreteness of the protection then you are the cloths your wearing. Grant there is protection that is more discreet then others. But you also need to worry about your dress as well. If your trying to make a fashion statement while working out good luck :?
If your in a gym working out wear some baggie shorts and a T-shirt that is extra long on you so it hangs down well past your waist. Remember it's very important to wear dark colors Black is best :) Dark colors help to hide any out lines of a diaper and also if by chance you leak dark colors don't show it that bad. Trust me if I wear my one pair of light colored jeans it's seems almost a given that I will have a leak :oops: Really the only reason I wear those jeans is for my husband. He thinks I look hot in them :P

But anyway I think your right about tape on protection MUCH :!: easier to change and tends to fit better and have less leaks. Trust me I know how you feel. I've been there I know what it's like to only want to wear a belted garment or a pullup. But then know I need to wear something more. But let me tell you when I first started wearing full blown diapers during the day it was hard at first. But the first time I had a gusher in public :shock: it was a huge relief to know I was wearing something that could handle it.

I really think you need to start experimenting with different products to find what works best for you. You might try Ebay you can find everything under the sun on there and often get some great deals as well. That's where I buy the bulk of my diapers from. If you do buy a bunch of different ones I would recommend you wear them at home first and try them out see what works. Try intentionally wetting at home to see how they would handle a gusher at the gym. If the thought of wetting un
purpose is a concern :shock: don't worry about it your the only one that has to know. It's allot better and safer to experiment at home then out in public.
When and if your trying out differant products be sure to try both plastic backed and cloth"like" backed also wear panties ovewr the top will help with holding in place and quieting down the protection as well. You may also want to try a booster like a attends or depends booster. They look like a maxi but they can be a big help...........Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:02 pm 

Howdy again
On another note if you would like to talk about women wanting to make a fashion statement while working out or anything else. My young friend is one who use to fit that description. Before she became incontinent she wore tight jeans tight shorts mini dresses not to mention string bikinis and so on. You can read about her in the Helping another thread. And believe me she has the body for all that as well. Shes about as close to a ten as I've ever seen. Now she has for the most part learned how to dress completely different(I'm so proud of her) But anyway her and I go walking together now and then and we both use Heavy duty protection. Most of the time she wears an ATN diaper (All Through The night diaper) I also often use the same type We both have near no control of our bladders. For me the little bit of control I do have isn't worth the stress of trying to get there :?

So what I'm trying to say is if she can do it I'm sure you can as well. You don't sound near as bad off as me or my young friend. So like I said before work on your dress and try different types of protection as well. Just hang in there you'll get the hang of it :) Just keep moving forward and don't worry about yesterdays set backs. And most of all keep smiling :D ...................Sandy

Post subject: Thanks Sandy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:41 pm 

As I posted in the general discussion I had a bad experience with my protection yesterday. It is so frustrating because with this I feel that I am in control and wearing underwear like anyone else and would be so afraid of anyone noticing a diaper. I just don't like the idea of losing control at all or not having the control that I used to. Its hard to face the fact that you may need a diaper. One think about the better protection that I'm using more is that I noticed the odor is gone from my laundry. Where did you here that other college students wear diapers? I was thinking what I could do is put my coat around my chair at school and provide some coverage. Thanks again.