www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cloth Pull up Diaper
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:35 am 

Hello All, I'm considering purchasing some cloth pullup diapers from Babykins. They have a double thickness terry pullup and a double thickness flannel pullup. I think they'd be great for daytime use when I'm out and about. Even if I had to add a booster. I favor reusables as the cost so much less in the long run than disposables.

Anyways, has anyone tried them? I've never tried terry so I don't have any experience with it's absorbency. Maybe you folks in Britain can fill me in. Is it better than the standard diaper cloths? I have a couple pairs of old Comco pants from years ago when I had some problems but they were more like a t shirt material. So, I'm wondering how these Babykins products worked out for them.

Also I'm in the US and the dollar goes a LONG way in Canada right now. The price drops to about 15 dollars US. That makes them a pretty great deal.

Post subject: Re: Cloth Pull up Diaper
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:10 pm 

Years ago I had an inventory of terrycloth nighttime diapers from Comco, (now out of business) that worked very well. They required a little more care when laundering fecal stains; however, they were, on a unit basis, the most absorbent diapers I have used. Good luck and keep us informed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:28 pm 

I have two pull up diapers from babykins. I use them during the night and I'm very happy with them. Unfortunately for me the shipping costs to Europe are pretty high, so they are not too cheap for me. They are one of the better purchases for me. Bob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:02 pm 

Hey thanks guys. Fortunately I'm just bladder incon. I'm curious how flannel compares to terry. Also how well does it hold up? Any input on fit? I tried some of the Babykins low rider plastic pants and found them on the tight side. As far as absorbency I'm learning that's something I'd have to experiment with. I guess I'm wondering how those who use cloth pull ups, are you satisfied compared to diapers? Changing in public isn't an issue when I'd be using these. Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:47 pm 

I guess, because my leakage is primarily a slow dribble, cloth pull-ups work well for me when I'm awake. However, they would never suffice for a full night's protection.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:02 am 
Admin

I have both the all-in-one with the waterproof shell built in, and just the cloth needing a cover of some type. Both work very well, need to add layers for night, but the elastics in the legs finally went on the one without the cover, but got 5 years or so out of them, on and off usage, not every night. For the price, they are a money saver for sure! Puffy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:11 am 

Which do you all prefer, Flannel or Terry? Why? Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:43 pm 

Because of the difficulty of washing fecal stains from terrycloth, I use them as an outer diaper at night, with a gauze diaper next to my skin.