www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Plastic Pants
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:47 am 

I'm considering getting the GaryWear Active PUL pants to add extra protection over my disposable during daytime, this together with a flannel single layer pullpant which is meant to catch any leaks. However I'm in doubt about sizing of the GaryWear Active PUL pants?

I measured mu thighs which are size: 23" and waist 31.5" (Currently on a diet) so I expect to lose more weight (Hopefully) but looking at the sizechart at http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/PRODUCT ... -Pant.html

My current size would put in the small size, which is odd to me, as for my diaper size for disposables, I'm in a medium size, and since the GaryWear Active PUL pants aren't exactly cheap also considering the cost of shipping to Denmark, I don't want to waste money on the wrong size.

So I could really use some guidance in regard to the GaryWear Active PUL pants, both in terms of sizing and usage. I like the shape and have read numerous reviews about the comfort etc. these pants provide.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:14 pm 
Admin

Hi JMS,
I too wear medium diapers. Dry 24/7 which are pretty thick as I wear them with a booster pad. I have a 36" waist. I wear a small in the Gary PUL covers. I have three that I rotate every day. I wash them in the washing machine on delicate, but don't put them in the dryer. Mine have lasted over a year. Well worth the money.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:19 pm 

JMS,

General comment: My overall experience with incontinence products (disposable diapers, cloth diapers, waterproof covers) is that the sizing varies significantly between manufacturers. There is no consistency, so thigh, hip, and waist measurements are critical. (I learned this the "hard way" when I first became urinary incontinent.)

Regarding the GaryWear PUL pants: I have used these for a few years. (I use Seni Super Quatro size XL most of the time, but I sometimes use the Abena X-Plus Plastic Backed size L. Also, I wear Abena Abri-Fix fixing pants over the PUL pants to absorb leakage that may occur.) The most critical measurement is the thigh since most diaper leaks occur in the crotch area, around the legs. The second most critical measurement is the hip, since the PUL pant needs to have enough room to fully cover the diaper. My recommendation is to measure your hips. Since your thighs fall within two of the sizes (S and M), the hip measurement, along with the thickness and rise of the diaper, would guide your decision. My experience is that the smaller of the two sizes would work better...see detailed explanation below.

In my case, here are my dimensions: 29" thigh, 50" hip, 48" waist. According to the GaryWear size chart, I should be able to wear either 2XL or 3XL, as my thighs and hips are at the top of the range for 2XL and toward the bottom of the range for 3XL. And, my waist is below the range for both sizes, but I ignored that since the 4XL would result in a thigh that is too loose. I found that the 2XL is perfect with the disposables I use. The PUL pant is snug on the thighs and waist, and allows enough room in the hip to accommodate the diaper. The result is that the diaper stays in place even when wet, and diaper bulge is flattened out for discretion. I also have a pair of 3XL, but they have quite a bit of extra room when worn with the disposable brands I wear. However, I found that the 3XL works perfectly with the thicker cloth pull-on diapers I wear at home.

Overall, I have been very satisfied with the GaryWear PUL pants. I have had only one leak, which was a relatively small one at the legs. The leak was due to an oversaturated diaper (two very heavy urge wettings in the car during a long drive) that I couldn't change right away due to lack of facilities. The Abena Abri-Fix pants absorbed it, and it never wicked to the outside of my pants before I was able to change.

Hope this info helps.
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:35 am 

Hi Guys

Tank you so much for your help, based on your sayings, I ordered the small size, two pairs for a start. I look forward to try them out, currently I'm using plastic pants from kins. The work fine, but the durability of them...hmm, already had to glue a couple of the pants at the leg openings. So I doubt they will last mush longer. and I really need that extra protection since my incontinence has acted up. I'm have become a heavy wetter now. I too use the Seni Quattro during daytime now.... :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:06 pm 

I use leakmaster pul pants and I like them a lot. I have 3 pairs (except one has wandered off. Haha)
I haven't had any leaks or problems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:37 pm 

Im happy to report that I have received my two pairs of Gary's active wear pul pants. My god if I just had known a lot sooner. Never have I tried so comfortable and extremely well fitting pants ever, they fit absolutely perfect, and not only cover my diaper, but actually supports my diaper in a way I never experienced before. I may have to order more of these, next time :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:16 am 

I would purchase from e bay when still looking for your diaper cover.If you make a mistake on size,e bay usually is much less expensive to trial items.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:47 pm 

I recently tried the LeakMaster side-snap PUL pants and they seem to work as well as my Gary Active Wear PUL briefs with one big advantage. Specifically the side snaps leave gaps at the hips which allow a fairly good air flow and thus these are by far the coolest PUL pants I have ever worn. This is really an important feature for me since I live in a very hot and humid climate and keeping as cool as possible is a huge thing for me.
I guess if you wore these at night, and are a side sleeper, the side openings could be a problem but for daytime wear they are my favorites. I guess odor control wouldn't be as good as the regular closed side PUL pants but that hasn't been a problem for me at all.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:53 pm 

i have been buying more and more Gary wear pul pants as my vinyl diaper covers rip out i do also like the the terry lines pants. I have been using cloth more and more lately as well

Saving the world one family at a time, restoring hope though compassion.