www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Members mark
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:16 am 

Hey you guys have any of you tried the Sam's Club Members mark Briefs?
They changed over to the cloth and they are all cloth like no plastic front panel. They have the Velcro tapes for the money their not bad. I would recommend a booster pad with them. The padding seems about the same but they got rid of that Loud plastic backing they use to have. In my opinion I think they had one of the worst Plastic backed diapers made as far as noise went so this is a big improvement unless you don't like the cloth backing...........................Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:16 pm 

Sandy,
I've been wanting to try their diapers since they are pretty cheap. I'm afraid to buy a whole bag just to be dissapointed. They sound like a good alternate, but once you're use to the Tena Ultra, it's hard to change. I might just try and go ahead and get some just to test them out. Sorry about being away for a while. Had a death in the family, and I sorta got kicked off the board by accident. I'll answer some more of your post tomorrow. ....................Paul

Post subject: Briefs
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:32 am 

Hi Paul Sorry to here of a death. I did find one draw back with the members mark I got a rub rash in the side of my crotch area :( from the elastic leg band. That I'm dealing with now darn that hurts! Maybe just an isolated instance? ...........................Sandy

Post subject: Rub Rash
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:19 am 

Sandy,
I remember you speaking about a rub rash before. I don't havethis much since I wear pants all the time. Does this happen when you only wear a dress? Or does this happen when you wear pants also?
Would a pair of panties over your diaper help? That's got to be tough on you in hot weather. I some times got that rash at night. I used some cotton boxer briefs when it flared up. It really hurt when it occured. Used some lotion to get it to go away. ..................Paul

Post subject: Rub rash
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:18 am 

Hi Paul yes at times a wear cotton panties over my brief mostly when I have a skirt or a dress on. Sometimes with pants depends on the situation. If I'm really trying to conceal a diaper I'll wear them with pants I wear loose fit or relax fit jeans most of the time. When I'm at home I don't often wear the panties just a diaper and my jeans. My jeans are more or less all one size bigger then what I should be wearing. I really can't tell you when or how I get the rub rash. I stopped using the Members mark and went back for daytime use to the Tranquility ATN or the Attends that I have on right now. I never seem to settle on just one brand I jump around all the time. by the way for those of you taking notes as far as the size of the panties I always use the smaller size because in most cases your trying to compact the size of your protection while you hold it in place also. Speaking of differant brands I don't know what kind these are I got them cheap off EBay. They only have one tape on each side I like them because they are allot easier to change and put on with only one tape. Down side is they are noisy and you almost have to add a booster to them or at least I do. The tapes seem to hold good and they are a full mat They might be made by Kendell? I got a case of them and there was no markings on the box or the individual bags of twelve that they come in. I guess you could call them the mystery diaper.
All for now...................Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:54 am 

Who dosen't switch from one type diaper to another? We are always in search of the "perfect diaper". I like the cloth backed ones for comfort - less sweating/noise - but the breathable "cloth" which lets air in/out also lets moisture out when wet. The plastic backed are better protection but noisy and hotter - plastic pants are really useless over disposable diapers except for minor leaks. I wonder also about the chemicals in disposables. But their convenience is undeniable. I prefer cloth diapers but they are not practical all the time. There is just not a reasonable solution. I guess we switch from diaper to diaper from frustration as much as searching for the right one. Papa

Post subject: Rub Rash
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:34 am 

Rub rash sure does hurt!

I found I would get a rub rash when wearing a disposable diaper with a cloth like outer surface. I wear cloth diapers most of the time but use disposables at times when they are far more convenient than cloth.

I wore Tena diapers until they changed over to the cloth like surface and the rub rash began. Switched to a plastic backed diaper; no rub rash. I never get rub rash with cloth diapers wearing plastic pants, so my conclusion is the plastic (pants or disposable diaper) provides "slip". Even with some sweat, the plastic is slippery and the skin slides more easily as we walk.

When I want a cloth like backing, I pull on a pair of cotton boxer briefs and with that style, the short little legs provide a cloth surface between the plastic and the skin thru the crotch area.

Talcum powder certainly helps under moderate conditions but in swealtery weather, it's impossible to keep up the powder to stay dry between the plastic and the skin.

I feel the Attends 10 have a very soft and hence quiet plastic backing. But the Abena and Secure are right up there with good plastic.

I also feel the noise factor is given more weight than necessary. We all think everyone can hear our diaper-much like the feeling that everyone can see the bulge and know we are wearing a diaper. But, for the most part, that simply isn't true. People are preoccupied with their own business and aren't scrutinizing us, looking for a diaper bulge or listening for a diaper rustle.

Joe K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:37 am 

Hey Joe,
I've tried a bunch of different disposable diapers and really prefer the cloth like outer covering over the plastic. I've never had much of a problem with a rub rash. It probably has to do with the person's skin type. I don't suffer from a diaper rash much. I do take care of my skin at every diaper change. though.
I don't mind the plastic backed diapers, and they do well. But whenever I wear a plastic backed diaper, my wife always hears it and says I'm noisey. She hears it since she knows I wear diapers and knows what the sound is. We diaper wearers know the noise. Any other person who is unaware of the noise doesn't pick up on it. Now some diapers are a lot noisery than others, but your better brands do OK. Just my 2 cents worth!......Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:55 am 

I disagree with you about the noise factor Not everyone will notice you have a noisy diaper on but there are some that will. Some may just pass it off as a piece of plastic in a persons pocket like a wrapper of some sort. My husband can tell you at a distant if someone is wearing a plastic diaper or at least he has told me before that I was. So yes I think there is something to concealing the noise...................Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:12 pm 

OK,
I agree with you. Bottom line is that you shouldn't let the noise bother you if you have a plastic backed diaper on. I've never had anybody stop me and asked "Hey, is that a diaper I hear making that noise?"
I don't care what people think. I work out at the gym each morning. After my shower, I put my diaper on in a changing stall with my shirt on. I know you can see my diapered bottom below my shirt as I walk back to my locker. So far no one has laughed or made any comment. I know they see it. Noise shouldn't bother anyone. ........Paul