www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Confidry 24/7 Leaks
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:18 pm 

Been wearing the Confidry 24/7 lately and have to say, it is a great product. Although I appreciate how absorbent they are, I have noticed that I get a lot of leaks around the leg opening... even if the diaper is not at or near capacity. I've tried making sure the bottom tape is really snug, but it always seems to leak if I have a heavy void. I have never noticed this with the Northshore Supreme Briefs. Has anyone else had this experience or advice?

DD1983

Post subject: Re: Confidry 24/7 Leaks
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:31 pm 

I have had a few leaks from the legs but mainly after I have had a few wettings, I still find them the best diaper I have tried but would like to try the Northshore Supreme Briefs but I haven't found a Canadian distributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:19 am 

DD1983,

Is it possible that you are not getting a good fit at the legs with this particular diaper - in the size you are wearing?

The Dry 24/7 is my primary diaper, including at night, and it usually performs well for me.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:48 am 

I have found a similar issue with the 24/7 but I still wear them as my primary overnight diaper. And I use the Northshore supreme for my daytime go to diaper. I notice that when I get up in the morning, I usually flood in the morning when I first get up and don't get to the bathroom in time, that I will leak at the legs. It usually doesn't bother me because that is the only time this happens and I'm getting ready to take a shower anyway. But I do notice it.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:35 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
DD1983,

Is it possible that you are not getting a good fit at the legs with this particular diaper - in the size you are wearing?

The Dry 24/7 is my primary diaper, including at night, and it usually performs well for me.

--John

It is possible but I am getting it as tight as I can. I am about a 33" waist and wear a size medium diaper. Last night, I made sure the standing leak guards were fully upright from the from to the back of the diaper, and that seemed to work a little better. I guess I need to keep experimenting :).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:36 pm 

msshendo wrote:
I have found a similar issue with the 24/7 but I still wear them as my primary overnight diaper. And I use the Northshore supreme for my daytime go to diaper. I notice that when I get up in the morning, I usually flood in the morning when I first get up and don't get to the bathroom in time, that I will leak at the legs. It usually doesn't bother me because that is the only time this happens and I'm getting ready to take a shower anyway. But I do notice it.

Yep, same here. It usually happens right after a "flooding" accident. Have you ever used the Northshore Supreme's at night?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:05 pm 

Me too.

I'm not generally thrilled with the 24/7 flood performance.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:25 pm 

Ok first of all, no diaper is "leak proof"... lets get that out of the way. It doesn't matter WHAT the absorbency rating is, Its how the diaper is put on.... mostly.

I have found that it doesn't matter how snug the tabs are at the legs, its how much room there is between the diaper and the skin. The closer and tighter the diaper is to you, the more likely it is to leak. Instead try to position the diaper "lower" on the waist giving you more room down below the crotch. THEN tape the diaper as snug as you feel comfortable with along the leg. Just push it up higher (at the bottom) once fastened.

The more room the pee has to absorb, the faster and better the diaper does its job. Any particular diapers absorbency rating, just dictates how much more pee the diaper will hold, giving you maybe one extra void before you have to change.

Just giving my two cents to the conversation. Ultimately its up to you to do what you're most comfortable with.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:54 pm 

LilliDew wrote:
I have found that it doesn't matter how snug the tabs are at the legs, its how much room there is between the diaper and the skin. The closer and tighter the diaper is to you, the more likely it is to leak. Instead try to position the diaper "lower" on the waist giving you more room down below the crotch. THEN tape the diaper as snug as you feel comfortable with along the leg. Just push it up higher (at the bottom) once fastened.

That's a different strategy for fitting that I had not tried. Thanks, Lillidew- I will will give that a try.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:07 am 

Diverging opinion here.

IMHO a properly fitting diaper [emphasis: "properly fitting"] should be taped snugly but not overly tight. A quality diaper that properly fits will have built-in sag space or a "fecal containment zone" built in. That provides space for urine containment until it is absorbed.

It can be helpful when activating the diaper to fold it lengthwise to form a soft crease. This will create about a 1/2" depression in the diaper once it has been put on which helps in providing a channel for keeping pee in the center of the diaper until it is absorbed and away from the leg guards.

The diaper mat should touch the skin as that promotes the fastest absorption. The faster and more efficient the absorption is, the less likely it will be that the diaper will leak.

Further, the internal standing leak guards (if the diaper has them) should remain in contact with the skin. The internal standing leak guards keep urine in the main absorbent channel of the diaper until the fluid has been absorbed. They also keep feces in the central part of the diaper and away from the leg guards.

--John