www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:34 am 

As most of us have noticed the internet is full of the AB/DL diaper sites. I cringe when I see the large baby formatted diapers they offer. The one item I came across was the Bambino Bianco plain white diaper. It fits me very well and has wonderful absorbency rates. I have been using them for near a year and have been very pleased. I am often being tested in Hospital for this that and the other things involved with my condition. I can wear this diaper with some self respect under those cheesy gown they give out. They also have a booster pad they sell to up the capacity of the diaper that fits very nicely. Worth a try if you don't mind dealing with an AB/DL diaper designer. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:02 pm 

DJC, I think there are many here who would agree with you. If you peruse the posts you will find a long discussion about the use of diapers and the AB/DL crowd. Generally this site tends to stay away from the AB/DL type of conversations and focus on true incontinence issues. But it has been said "A diaper is still a diaper." We all find what works for us and tend to stick with it. I find we don't judge here but we do weed out. Those who come to this site just for their own "enjoyment" or "pleasure" or "fantasy" will not last long.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:54 pm 

Thank You for the reply and it is nice we are of the same thoughts concerning incontinence products.
thanks and nice to meet you.
DJC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:15 pm 

Welcome DJC,

I have read that the Bambino Bianco is very similar to the Dry 24/7? Have you tried the Dry 24/7? And, if so, can you compare the two?

--John

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:45 am 

I wanted to try the Dry 24/7 but my supplier discontinued them and started to supply North Shore Briefs instead. They did look very similar a friend of mine used them for a while when they were available. He too now uses Bambino Biancos or even the Belissimos. I refuse to use them because of the baby style landing tapes on them. My friend seems to have slipped onto the darker side of incontinence and the AB/DL scene. His wife seems to fuel that and I suppose it is none of my dam business.

Dean

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:03 pm 

While looking for diaper reviewsa while back, I ran across a blog of a woman that claimed to be truly incontinent (since birth), but also embraced being a diaper lover. I found that to be interesting. Incidentally, I think it was the bambino products she had been reviewing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:42 pm 

Adrian Surly is incontinent and is one from the dark side as well. Both her and her husband write about diapers and the AB/Dl darker side a fair bit. It pisses me off that they ask for money to see diaper pictures or premium content on her website. People like this cause a lot of good folks contending with incontinence a big injustice. What these folks do behind closed doors is their business but don't influence the public view of the folks that have no choice when it comes to using diapers.

Sorry Folks I ended up standing on my soap box preaching.
Dean

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:12 pm 

Soap boxes are allowed Dean.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:23 am 

JDinVirginia wrote:
... I have read that the Bambino Bianco is very similar to the Dry 24/7? Have you tried the Dry 24/7? And, if so, can you compare the two? ...

JD: The Bambino Bianco is a good diaper and comparable to an Abena M4. Bianco's are wider in the crotch than M4's and you will feel it when it swells. However, neither holds up to a Dry 24/7 which is, IMHO, a top of the line model. The Bambino Bellisimo is comparable to a 24/7, but I found the tapes would pop off as the diaper swelled (and I really didn't need the Hello Kitty motif). Maybe I got a bad batch; but that was my experience.

I recently tried the Inspire by Rearz (and while Rearz does serve the AB/DL crowd, the Inspire is all white). I found that the Inspire significantly exceeded my Dry 24/7 experiences. It had higher leg guards; very fast absorption; significant padding throughout (mostly in the crotch where needed); tapes on to a clear, plastic landing zone; etc. However, the cost per diaper was quite extreme ($2.23/diaper!).

Alas :? , the search for the perfect disposable is never ending ...

ILuvLA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:13 am 

I have to agree with you. You find items that are great on every new diaper but there is always something not quite right. My better half is not incontinent and a much younger lady. I met her at a nursing home back about ten years ago. She is a caregiver for the terminally ill ie. palliative care person. She has tried every new product I have found over the past ten years. Her justification for her use of the different diapers is if she is going to make someone else wear them she wants to know what they are like. I thought this odd at first but she was very serious. Over the past ten years she has spent many days and nights wearing different diapers. Last night we travelled to my cottage in the woods. I set up a bottle of wine and two glasses and then was greeted by Kathy in one of my North Shore diapers and a onsie. I returned dressed the same and we sat and watched the sunset in our diapers. The only difference is I used mine she just wore her to try out comfort and fit. I am amazed at her comments about the different diapers and she is very much of the same beliefs as we are all.

She is an amazing girl and I am lucky to have her. Do any of you good people have anyone in your lives?