www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Diaper Size Help
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:17 pm 

Hi all, I have just recently had to start wearing diapers again. The problem I have is i seem to be inbetween a med. and large. Ihave tried abena and attends and the med just barely fits but the large is to big to fit well. Anyone else have this problem and does anyone make a decent diaper that will fit me better? Thanks

Post subject: Me too...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:00 pm 

I have trouble with size as well. If only the Tranquility ATN were a bit bigger, they would be idea. I usually have to change mid sleep if I don't supplement the already somewhat too small diaper. In contrast, plastic pants in medium tend to literally cut into my thighs. I have not purchased any idea plastic pants either.

First Quality made a "regular" size as they called it and it fit well, but lacked elastic in the waist and stand up leg guards. These I feel are absolutes to have. I got them by calling FQ and getting a huge sample pack. They sent me several of everything they made! Very generous.

I fortuately don't have to wear diapers all the time and put up with Depends usually with a liner. They serve my purpose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:18 am 

I have found that wearing a size larger than I need helps. The problem can arise that the legs don't fit tight enough, but there hasn't been a problem for me with leakage from the leg openings. I only wear disposables with the raised internal leak guards, in my case Abena now. When I go out I wear a plain plastic pant over my disposable. It's not a lined pant, and most likely useless, but I get some comfort or security knowing it's there. At home it's a terry-lined plastic pant over the diaper. There is no real problem with leaks if the diaper is new/fresh, but when soaked too much it can become an issue - I can sometimes keep the diaper on too long due to inattention and to conserve costs/diapers.
I really like the terry-lined plastic pants. There has never, ever, been any leakage beyond the pant. When I sleep, on my side, any small leakage will be absorbed. When I'm awake and wearing a somewhat full diaper, or even a dry one, I have no cause for concern, even sitting on fabric chairs/sofas. Peace of mind is great, well worth the small price of the pants. I wouldn't trade it for anything. If you have not tried this sort of combination, I recommend you do. In no time you will develop confidence in the security of it, and peace of mind will follow.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:04 pm 

Hey Paul.
From a fellow Paul, I was wondering where you but your terry lined plastic pants. I bought a pair a few years ago from AA Medical. I typically wear these during doctor examinations, reason being if the Doc has to look into my diaper for some reason, he or she can easily pull the plastic pant down to see anything. I will wear a baby diaper in it and change over to a disposable when I get back to the office.
You're right on about wearing a pair of plastic pants over a disposable to give protection if a leak happens. It comes in handy many times, and I've been tested with a leak and not having a pair of plastic pants on.
My biggest grip doing this is you'll get some persperation within the plastic pants on warm days. I guess I could throw some baby powder in the pants to help. Good comment! .....................Paul(Martin)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:24 am 

Hi Paul,
I get them from Babykins/Kins. Here's a like to their website, for the page with that pant on it.
http://babykins.com/adult-waterproof-covers.html
It's the polyster pant, 10200TP, about half-way down the page. I've tried the vinyl pant but they tear after a while. The polyester pants will last until you want new ones. After months and months of use, at least 10 hours a day, the plastic around the legs, in back, will lose some softness. The pant still works and all, but I replace 'em.
This is a secure solution, and easy, too. I used to wear cloth diapers and bought those from Kins, too. This pant would work over cloth diapers and plastic pants, as well. It provides the little extra that we need. As I said, never, ever, has any little seepage or leak gotten beyond this simple barrier. The peace of mind is great.

Post subject: Lined Plastic Pants
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:49 pm 

Paul
I checked out the link you attached to your post. I've been to that site a number of times, but never have really looked at the tery cloth palstic pants. I thinking of getting one of the thicker pairs that would give me a little more protection during my doctor examinations.
Thanks for the tip! I hope they hold up to multible washings. That's my only gripe about those type plastic pants. ...............Paul(Martin)