www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:40 pm 

I've been struggling with Incontinence for several years now. I have been trying different diapers to see what works the best. I've settled for the Abena M2 air plus for work annd M4 plastic backed for nights. Does anyone know of a good inexpensive place to buy these. I live in the US.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:55 pm 

IMHO, XP Medical is the best company to work with. I can't guarantee that they charge less than Amazon or somewhere else, but I doubt the difference is significant, if there is any at all. They are reliable and extremely customer-service oriented.

Wetters

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:14 pm 

There are many medical supply companies that sell incon products, but I have found XP Medical to offer one of the lowest prices on the Abena product of anyone on the Internet. For service, they are MORE than reliable so I too would recommend XP Medical.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:38 pm 

MightyChipmunk, you will find that most of us use XP Medical for most of our diapers and are very satisfied. Gary's prices always are competitive and often they are the best you can find anywhere. It is a plus that you can call and speak directly with Gary himself if you have a question or had any problem with your order. How many companies can you think of where you can talk directly with the owner?

--John

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:53 am 

I can appreciate everyone's loyalty to xp medical, and from what I hear it is well deserved. His prices on Abena are higher then what i have seen elsewhere. I'm a single income household, and am trying to make every dollar count. My insurance will not cover anything. Currently i can am using diaperbuys. I can get 42 of the plastic backed M4's for 50=1.20 per diaper. I can get a package of the M2 preium for $97 = 1.00 a diaper. They also provide free shipping. As everyone knows incontinence can be expensive, so I'm trying to find out of anyone knows of a less expensive place, so that i can cut down on the cost as much as possible.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:19 pm 

Amazon had the cheapest prices for L4 that I've seen.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:55 pm 

I was surprised to read there are any medical supply companies selling undamaged, no flaws, first quality Abena products for less than XP Medical. I know many from this website buy from XP Medical, any MANY look for the best price, and service and I've not known any competitor to be less than XP Medical without some kind of a gimmick. BE CAREFUL......

I did think of two more places that you can look for some GREAT deals; I have seen ads on Craigslist, and eBay. Before the VA starting buying my Abena M4's, I use to look on Craigslist and sometimes I would find some at very reasonable prices with no shipping cost since I picked them up. eBay can also be a good place to shop, but be careful of shipping cost. Shipping those big boxes is not cheap and even if the seller pays shipping there is no such thing as a free lunch. If the seller provides FREE shipping you can bet the shipping cost has been added to the selling price so who is really paying for the FREE shipping?

I would recommend trying Craigslist. You may have to keep looking, but sooner, or later I'm sure you will find either Abena, or Molicare. I have purchased both brands at different times. Keep looking,...don't give up.

Hope these suggestions help.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:22 am 

The great deal on L4 on amazon is gone, but M4's are still about $50 a case.

I just ordered a car of dry24/7 from xp last night.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:36 pm 

Not specific to that model of Abena, but often I find Northshore Care on Amazon (not on Northshore's website directly) is less expensive than XP Medical. The Abenas are not flawed and in my case, Northshore is somewhat geographically closer than XP, so in a rush, that's the better choice for me as well. Northshore's own brand is no match at all despite its claims, but that's another issue.

I have used XP Medical when it is cheapest or I need other items from it at the same time. I have no complaints about XP per se and have referred others there, but if if I can get what I need for several dollars cheaper per case at the time I am pricing a new supply, I will. If XP is priced better at the time, I will use XP. For what it's worth, the XP prices on the Abena product I use have just gone up significantly, which was an opportunity to try a completely different brand for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:05 pm 

Just as a point of measure I use Abriform M4s as my go to. Now I know I have spoken about many different products that I have tried but they are measured against my M4s. Johnstone mentioned something to me just yesterday that I would like to pass along. If you ever have the misfortune to be in Hospital, God forbid. Whatever you do make sure you bring your own diapers. I think all Hospitals must have a contest ongoing to see who can buy the worst piece of crap diapers on the market. Thanks to Johnstone for making me feel better about my condition.