www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:33 am 

Paul, I agree, nothing is more absorbant or comfortable than cloth diapers - day or night! Disposable diapers have a place but cloth diapers work best and feel most comfortable. Papa

Post subject: diapers at night
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:13 am 

Hey Sandy,

In your post above, you mentioned using disposable diapers at night. I thought you switched to cloth diapers at night. Or, are you a switcher, going back and forth with both disposable diapers and then to cloth diapers? I leak every time using disposables at night. I have to use disposables while on vacation, so I have to use a disposable under pad under neath me. Even with a booster pad, I will leak. ....................Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:48 am 

I always used cloth diapers for overnight or long car trips during my youth... but now that I am out on my own I've pretty much stayed with disposables. The hassle is just so much less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:44 am 

HI Paul M.

Yes you could say I'm a switcher :lol: I haven't been wearing the cloth as much lately I just get tired of dealing with the stinky laundry :( Be sides I scored a deal for 5 cases of 72 each Waist band Attends. I got them for $29.00 a case locally :D Attends by themselves are fairly worthless if your a heavy wetter. But if you add a full length booster to them they work good or at least they work good for me :wink: Jane has also been using them during the day here at the office. She has been adding a Maxi size booster to hers.

I know someone is thinking $$$ with the added cost of the boosters but for one I have enough boosters to keep a store shelf stocked for months :lol: Also for what I paid for the Boosters I doubt it's costing much at all. Cost wise I can probly wear three maybe even four Attends with Boosters verses one retail price Abena Super X Plus

You will be happy to know my young friend is wearing Cloth full time at home more or less and has even started wearing them away from home when she's only going on a short Arron. And to think what maybe a year or so ago this young lady wouldn't leave the house :cry: I'm so proud of her :D .........................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:56 am 

Waist band Attends for $30 a case? Holy crap that's a steal!

I'm not a huge fan of Attends either... I find that they clump up too much for my likings when wet. But for that price I could definately live with them.

I never did try a booster with any Attends, but I have tried doubling them before. Cut slits down the middle of the outer plastic on one diaper with scissors... the put another one on over it. That worked well for moments when more absorbancy was needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:08 pm 

Yes that's what I thought $$$ What a Screaming deal For that price I could almost like Depends :shock: Well then again maybe not :D Yes it pays to be in the right spot at the right time.

I was in a drug store and they had a major clearance sale going on they had a pack of Waistband Attends Small for like $9.00 And I said to the Manager I wish these were med. and he said he had 5 cases in back that he was going to put on clearance :D I said what would you take for all of them :wink: He smiled and said "all of them" :idea: He went and looked them up in his office. Then came back and said $32 something a box :) Then I said How much for Cash as in Green Bills Right now :wink: that's when he smiled and said how about $29.00 a case. I said DEAL :!: :D

I'm not sure what's going on there I didn't ask? There isn't anything stating going out of business. But it's hard to think of why a Drug store would be giving Attends away like that.

.................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:57 am 

Sandy,

Someone is going to report you to the police for stealing. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:26 am 

I have to admit I felt a little Getty when I drove out of there :D ...Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:40 am 

Wow...

I wish stores around here sold decent incontinence products. Even the dedicated "medical supply" stores don't carry a large stock of anything good... mostly just hospital-brand crap. There is one store in the whole city that sells Attends, and they only carry the non-waistband style, which are no good IMO.

I guess I'll just keep ordering online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:27 pm 

Unless I run out, I don't buy any of my incontinent products is the store. I always buy online. I think the prices are much better most the time anyway. I heard the police are looking for Sandy. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next