www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Covers
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:34 pm 

i have had a few leaks so I am now looking for some protective covers for my day and night time diapers, I use Abena m2 for day and dry 24/7 for night. I bought some Priva Vinal pull on pants but when we opened the package the vinyl smell was over whelming . Is there. Better product out there that does not had a smell of vinyl or plastics.

I would prefer it had a waterproof outside and a little absorbency inside if possiable

Please let me know what you use or recommend

Thanks in advance

Rob

Post subject: Re: Covers
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:11 pm 

Rob,

To each his own, and I think you will receive many different recommendations, but I really like the Gary Active Wear PUL pants. They are cut specifically for disposable diapers. I wear them over a ConfiDry 24/7 dipper with a booster pad and the fit is good.

They are waterproof and breathable. For me they seem to last much longer than my vinyl pants. You can just rinse them out with water, unless you have a leak from a messy diaper. They have no absorbency, but some people like to wear a pair of underpants over the diaper and beneath the cover to absorb very small leaks.

--John

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:44 pm 

I second 'plastic' pants made with PUL. You can just rinse & hang dry as JD recommended or wash & dry in machines. PUL can handle heat, unlike vinyl, and will not harden/crack with age. It's also cooler to wear and quieter. No smell either. I'm not aware of supplier for lined PUL pants, but they must exist..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:55 pm 

While on the subject of "covers"....I need to know if anyone has had recent experience with or uses the Driwear products for incontinence.

That is, their vinyl or rubber pants. For years I've used COMCO and my once adequate supply of that brand is getting low and in need (quite soon)
of replacement. Also, COMCO has gone out of business, or I'd order again from them.

Looking to http://www.Driwear.com AND also http://www.llmedico.com

Can anyone report, review their experiences with these companies and their products?

Thanks, gang.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:50 am 

Hi

I currently wear Kylie Waterproof Pants with terry pants over the diaper the terry pants give the extra absorbing protection should the diaper leak.

Hope this helps

Greenbank

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:45 am 

John1050,

DriWear is the sister company of FetWare. DriWear is marketed to the mainstream incontinent audience (with no reference to fetish) while FetWare is marketed to the AB/DL fetish community.

All of the products on DriWear appear on the FetWare site, but not the reverse. The Fetware site has much greater variety. Although much of it is marketed to the AB/DL community, there also are selections of interest to incontinents which do not appear on DriWear.

Although I am incontinent and not an AB/DL, I have been a satisfied customer of the FetWear site on several occasions. I like their PUL diaper covers for cloth diapers. At night, as I wear a cloth diaper over a ConfiDry 24/7 diaper with a booster, I need a PUL diaper cover that fits that combination well. They also have high-backed diaper covers of particular use to cloth diaper wearers. I have found their products to be of high quality and shipped in a timely manner.

I would recommend that you look at both sites. If you find what you want on the DriWear site you may as well order from that site. Otherwise, do not hesitate to use the FetWear site.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:42 am 

Thanks every one for the info I think I will try the GaryWear product, the hard part is to find a Canadian distributor. Can order from the USA but custom and brokerage fees might be more then the product cost.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:22 am 

thanks all...appreciate your responses. JDinVirginia, thanks much for the good information.