www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:42 am 

Finally found some Stay Dry Slip tape nappies in my local chemist in town, but they seem to be very thin and quite big. On the packaging, it did not indicate a size, as it just said StayDry Slip One Size. I am now having to learn how to put these nappies on, as I've only ever used pads and the Tena Pants before, so needless to say, I have had a few funny moments trying to get these nappies on, but managed by standing up against the bedroom door to keep nappy in place, whilst I secure the tapes.
Once on, the nappy was quite comfortable and seemed to hold alot of pee, pardon the pun. I shall be buying this nappy brand again, and the cost was £7.49 (yes, I am situated in the United Kingdom) although there are only 10 slips to a packet, so i will use these sparingly.
I would buy these nappies again, but only time will tell, if they are cost effective, as I do like to get value for my money.
No doubt products differ between the USA and UK, so sometimes it is quite difficult to actually find the ideal product, although it is nice to try different brands and products.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:22 am 

The staydry slip tape nappies are working out well so I will continue using these. I will also be looking out for any new products on the market, to try out. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:36 am 

In the UK the local chemists are pretty expensive compared with buying online. have a search and see what you can manage there. Often you can get sample sent which can be helpful in deciding what to choose.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:36 pm 

Wheels, here in the U.S. it is the same with our "drug store"/pharmacies. In addition to elevated prices, good brands of taped diapers usually are totally absent from the shelves.

--John

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:32 pm 

OP,

Look for the Tena Slip Maxi. They are pretty thin dry and hold a very large amount of urine. They do swell up pretty good when wet and they can take several pretty good size wettings making them a very cost effective option since you only need to change 3 to 4 times per 24 hours if you have several large voids during the day and night. They feel dry to the touch until they are completely saturated.

It should be easy to find that brand and model in the UK since it is popular in Europe.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:14 pm 

Tena, as well as other diapers, can hide how wet they are till they have reached their limits, or you force that limit by sitting on a hard chair like wood. I have sat down to lunch or dinner and when I finished and stood up realized I had wet through, a very unsettling thing. Even though you may not feel the wetness with the "stay dry lining" your skin is still wet and that is a fact. But that you can feel secure when you are not is a potential for accidents and maybe embarrassment. Even those of us that have endured diaper wearing for years still get caught by these things. We want to be as we were, but we have to remember where we are now. Get a little over confident or lazy and we are wetting our pants and or the chair or car seat or whatever. Sometimes we may also be just fed up with it all, but we can not run from our need for diapers. It is what it is. Papa