www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seat and Bed Protectors
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:47 am 

I was surprised to see Depends coming out with Seat and Bed Protectors in stores. I didn't think there was that much demand for such a product. My only use of such products was to air out when dealing with rashes and as a backup for night time diaper leakage. I remember them being uncomforable as a seat protector since your urine got cold on them. Not to mention this is about as far as you can get from a privately containing your leakage and you are also restricting where you can hang out in your own home. Are there people here who actually use these as part of a daily routine?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:09 pm 

I don't use the Depend brand or even a disposable for that matter. I use a washable bed pad on my bed. Two reasons: first just in case I have a leak and I don't want it to get all over the place. Second and more of the main reason I use them, because sleeping on plastic bed cover is very hot. It will get hot and make me sweat a lot but with the washable bed allows for some air flow and makes sleeping more comfortable.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:44 pm 

I only use washable bed pads at home. I use Rite Aid brand disposables for travel because they are readily available to buy locally. I haven't tried the Depend disposables yet. Disposables seem so flimsy to me by comparison to washables, but it's so inconvenient to pack & wash bed pads, even though laundry services and laundromats are generally available. I do bring one washable and one disposable just in case I'm late getting in or some other glitch arises to cause a problem on the first night.

Wetters

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:09 pm 
Admin

I am sure I have some in my supply closet, but I think they came as a bonus when I bought disposables a while ago, I would not buy them on a regular basis. A washable bed pad is a given, used every night for any rogue leaks, :shock: Puffy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:52 pm 

I uyse a washable bed protector under my sheet to soak up any leaks so I remain comfortable during the night.