www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:28 am 

I recently purchased two of the Kins pull-on terry lined plastic pants to wear for added night protection. They seem to be doing the job Ok, but I'm wondering what's the best way to wash, and dry them and keep them soft. I've tried hand washing them and letting them hang dry but this leaves them very brittle. It would be great if you could wash them in the washing machine and use the dryer on low heat, but I know better, or do I?

What's the secret for washing, and drying?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:50 am 

I really don't know Johnstone. I have heard that those "All in One's" are not the easiest to wash and dry hence I have stayed away from them personally. I have never had a problem with an acutal cloth diaper or pull on with a seperate plastic or PUL pant over top. I'm sorry I'm not much help here. I wish you luck.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:15 pm 

Hi Johnstone,
I bought pull-on terry lined plastic pants at Kins recently as well. I do find them pretty large (too large). I like the PU pants from Suprima much better. I use them in combination with some heavy cotton pants as additional night protection. This way I have hardly ever a leakage.
But having said that they do the job. I agree with you that they are difficult to dry. My wife never complaints about the pull-on pants, but she found these ones not "wash friendly". As this was an experiment for me I decided to put them next time in the tumble dryer. According to the enclosed paper you can " machine dry them at a low heat ". I will let you know the outcome :)
Bob

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:11 am 

Bob,

Let me know the outcome when you dry these pants on low heat. I wear the regular pull-on plastic pants during the day and have always hand wash and air dried them. I maybe able to machine wash, and dry with low heat to them as well, but have always had the impression that using the dryer at ANY setting would eventually cause damage to the plastic so I have been hand washing, and air drying all of my plastic pants for as long as I can remember. I don't recall receiving any kind of product care information when I received the pants, but within 2, or 3 days of receiving the terry lined pants purchased, I receive a promotional email from the same company promoting the sale of these pants by describing there benefits as, "thick and thirsty diaper covers". Maybe someone forgot to include product care info in my purchase, but knowing what works best from other product users is information that I value more than the company that "sells" the product, but since I didn't receive product care information from Kins, I will ask for that information.

Please keep me posted Bob. So far, I have hand washed using dishwashing soap and line (air) dried leaving the terry lining very stiff and brittle which was the reason for my post. There has to be a better way, and the answer maybe as simple as machine wash on delicate cycle, and tumble dry on low heat.

Thanks for the info Bob.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:43 pm 

johnstone, does your dryer have an air-only setting?

Wetters

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:33 pm 

Hi Johnstone,
See attached the information regarding the pants including washing instructions. I hope this helps :-)
Cheers,
Bob

Attachments:
2014-09-14 20.40.19.jpg
2014-09-14 20.40.19.jpg [ 1.75 MiB | Viewed 10463 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:37 am 

Bob,

I tossed out the one package that I had, but the other lined pant that I have is still new in the package so now I know where to look for product care instructions. I was thinking I was suppose to have these instructions on a separate piece of paper included in the package. I don't know why, but I never thought to look in the most obvious place for simple instructions. Don't I feel smart. :roll: :idea: :lol:

I will use the "air only" setting on the dryer so I'm sure that will be the safest why to dry these lined plastic pants. They DO work well at night for anyone that has nighttime side leaks.

Thanks Bob

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:03 pm 

Hi Johnstone,
I never gave you feedback on my washing experience of the KINS terry lined plastic pants. This is because I used in the mean time a different brand. I use the KINS terry lined pants mostly when I'm traveling for work. This week I put them in the tumble dryer and all any well. I did not see any issues. I hope this helps.

Regards,
Bob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:37 pm 

The Kins terry lined pants are like a great insurance/assurance policy when wearing disposables. Have been using the low rider lined pants together with the Tena or Abena pullups during the day and at night use the double terry lined 6 mil together with Abena L4. As for washing, wife just throws them in the wash with everything else and dries them the same...with everything else. The only thing she will do (if I haven't already done it) is pull the terry lining out from inside the plastic pants as they wash and dry better that way.