www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:20 am 

I agree greenbank. I don't understand some people wanting this.

Also, although not the original intention of my original post, this topic seems to be dealing with when we are leaking and don't realize it. I have issues where I sometimes feel like I am leaking but nothing is there or sometimes I don't feel a darn thing and end up wet. It drives me nuts. I guess it is just one more thing we get to deal with.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:51 pm 

It seems we all have some form of this problem. My biggest problem is the short notice I get from my bladder saying it is time to go. Because of this I am usually leaking before getting to the bathroom and other times I think I am leaking and I am completely dry. I have tried to get on a schedule of going to the bathroom, but often that schedule gets interrupted for one reason or another. At home seems to be my only safe haven where I have uninterrupted access to the bathroom.

One of my biggest triggers is if I am around running water for example drinking out of a water fountain or doing dishes. Another frustration is when I just went to the bathroom and I have an accident shortly afterwards. I just shake my head and say "Really" I just empty you.

Before I had this issue I used to wear spandex type underwear and found out really quick when I had an accident and leaked through what I was wearing, the underwear offered no back up. So now I wear cotton which helps catch minor leaks which my protection doesn't catch. (the reason I say protection is I still cannot bring myself to say I wear the "D" word)

Sorry, it seems I turned this post into three different topics. I just started typing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:37 pm 
Admin

Like when do we ever stay on topic around here Batman... :o :lol: Puffy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:38 pm 

Puffy Pants wrote:
Like when do we ever stay on topic around here Batman... :o :lol: Puffy

Wait... We are supposed to stay on topic? Sheesh... That's kind of a new concept for me... :P LOL

Sometimes, I don't notice when I'm wet, so when I stand up and feel where the diaper leaked, it kind of shocks me.
However, I tend to take it for what it is worth, and have long since stopped worrying about whether or not I have leaks when at home.
I'll always sit on a pad, so never have to worry about the chairs or bed, and I make sure the washer and dryer are always in working condition.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:27 am 

I've never had an issue with thinking I leaked without really peeing the diaper at all. Don't you feel the diaper getting heavy or can't you just pinch it to know if you really need a change?
The leakage feeling and worry was a big issue during my early stage urge incontinence. There isn't any diaper that can absorb an entire bladder quickly enough to prevent that. Like johnstone mentions you just got to wear a diaper you can be confident will contain and absorb the urine. The best you can hope for is the wetness and leaking feeling goes away after a minute. Most incontinent people will most likely end up like me; your bladder capacity shrinks and you no longer flood the diaper so by the time you feel the wetness you are already on your 3rd or 4th wetting so it really is time for a change. You also almost never have a real leakage problem at that point. Irronically you also get to wear the thinner all-SAP diapers as you don't care about absorbtion rate and only capacity.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:58 pm 

Well, I guess we struck a chord with all the regulars around here!!! Luckily when my diaper is wet it seems to absorb it fairly quickly so I don't feel wet for long.....not like you would with regular underwear......which I don't even wear anymore. I grew weary of being wet all the time....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:44 pm 

batman381327 wrote:
One of my biggest triggers is if I am around running water for example drinking out of a water fountain or doing dishes. Another frustration is when I just went to the bathroom and I have an accident shortly afterwards. I just shake my head and say "Really" I just empty you.

Batman - Yes! and Yes! I have both of those frustrations. I find I usually change into my diaper for overnight and make sure I am empty before I put on the new one. Then, for some reason, I set up the coffee maker for the next morning. Would you believe no matter what I do I end up wetting the diaper while pouring the water? Every time! Also, one of my challenging times is in the morning when I shave. I just keep on wetting that diaper until I'm ready to get in the shower. I don't understand what triggers it sometimes.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:57 pm 

batman381327 wrote:
It seems we all have some form of this problem. My biggest problem is the short notice I get from my bladder saying it is time to go. Because of this I am usually leaking before getting to the bathroom and other times I think I am leaking and I am completely dry. I have tried to get on a schedule of going to the bathroom, but often that schedule gets interrupted for one reason or another. At home seems to be my only safe haven where I have uninterrupted access to the bathroom.

Before I had this issue I used to wear spandex type underwear and found out really quick when I had an accident and leaked through what I was wearing, the underwear offered no back up. So now I wear cotton which helps catch minor leaks which my protection doesn't catch. (the reason I say protection is I still cannot bring myself to say I wear the "D" word)

Sorry, it seems I turned this post into three different topics. I just started typing.

I too have the same short notice problem. I tried the whole schedule thing however I became a slave to it and it was getting in the way of having a normal life. Pouring the orange juice sets me off and I am glad to wear a full diaper to absorb the output.

I feel for you.

Greenbank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:57 pm 

My daytime incon is mostly urge, and running water is a trigger for me, too, seeing and/or hearing. What I had a super hard time with were those desktop serenity fountains that just about everyone seemed to have. I mainly work from home now, and thankfully I don't encounter them often anymore.

Wetters

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:25 am 

Wetters wrote:
My daytime incon is mostly urge, and running water is a trigger for me, too, seeing and/or hearing. What I had a super hard time with were those desktop serenity fountains that just about everyone seemed to have. I mainly work from home now, and thankfully I don't encounter them often anymore.

Wetters

Oh my gosh Wetters. Thanks for that. I must say I did get a laugh on that one. But I can also so understand what you are saying. The sound of the running water just causes issues. I never thought I was susceptible to that until my incon came about. Now, running water just sets me off.

What I find interesting about my incon is that both night and day, awake or asleep, I am affected by my position. For instance, most of the time, if I'm sitting, the pressure just builds. Then as soon as I stand up, the flood gates are opened. If I'm asleep and I wake up feeling the need to go to the bathroom, as soon as I change my position, flood gates open. I really do not understand this at all!

And for the record, for a second there I felt bad about hijacking the post until I realized it was originally my post. Now I don't feel bad anymore.

Gore Vidal

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next