www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:37 am 

Does anyone else have this issue? I wet the diaper and sometimes I feel like I'm leaking but when I go to check I find I haven't leaked at all. I just feel like I have. It is frustrating as I don't want to waste a diaper if I don't need to change it yet. But I hate the feeling that I'm leaking. Any suggestions?

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:57 am 

YES!!! Happens all the time after I urinate......I do leak but I'm never really sure how much comes out!! It's not a good feeling.....I HATE being wet.......I can't imagine anybody would actually wet or lose control of their bowels on purpose!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:07 pm 

Thank you PB&J. I have seen on some other sites of people wanting to lose continence. I just shake my head. If they only knew what they were getting into. But this just drives me crazy sometimes. I've kind of gotten past the mental block of not being ok with being wet until it is time to change. But I have trouble sometimes with the feeling that I'm leaking when I'm not. Or more specifically that the diaper is leaking and it is not. I just don't like that feeling.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:38 pm 

Hi, msshendo. I, too, have experienced the sensation of leaking when I'm not. I often have post-mictruition (sp?) dribbling, but sometimes when I feel like I'm dribbling after I void and wipe up,the tissue is dry.

Wetters

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:56 pm 

Count me in as well. Sometimes, it will feel like I am leaking. What is odd is there are also times when I leak and I hade no sensation I have. I notice this mostly when I get out of the shower and make my way to the bedroom who's is where I keep my supplies.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:54 pm 

I agree, that is an annoying occurrence... and like Rope, sometimes it happens in reverse...

But it is weird and concerning to me because I wonder if urine is just hanging out in the urethra when that feeling occurs and there is nothing there....

This is one of the reasons I try to change based on hours as opposed to how wet I feel. By sticking to an hourly (every 5-6 hours), I feel I can get the most use out of this costly-life-normalizer.

Rope, I have the same issue out of the shower, and will therefore, stand over the toilet while I do my after shower activities: rash cream application, teeth brushing, deodorant application, clean ears, and finally apply hair gel. This way the drips go in the toilet and not on the carpet except for a few drops as a I run to the bedroom to get the fresh diaper.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:43 am 

Having confidence in the product you use is very important. Most the time I wear cloth diapers, but when I travel, etc., I wear a disposable diaper and to be safe I also wear a diaper cover (plastic pant) over disposable just in case I do develop a small leak. Additionally, changing every 4 - 6 hours helps to ensures against leaks. I like to use products (diapers) that I know will last 6 - 8 hours before leaking under "normal" conditions and this gives me confidence so I don't worry about leaks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:22 am 

I too get this feeling. I suspect, especially in this hot summer weather, that that moist feeling is really perspiration. Because of my sphincterotomy, I pretty much leak continually, which makes leakage on the bathroom floor inevitable every time I shower or wash and change. However, I simply wash the bathroom rug every couple days and hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:21 am 

Ditto! Sometimes I'd swear I was leaking and nothing; other times, I was completely sure I was dry when I was actually wetting. And there just doesn't seem to be a pattern!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:27 am 

I have this very issue and it is extremely confusing I just can't put my finger on it. It is the most strangest thing I have ever encountered with my incontinentce issues so far.

Those people who wish/choose to be incontinent do not know what they are letting themselves in for.

Greenbank