www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:37 pm 
Admin

I got the VA to supply my cloth diapers, plastic pants, and onesies.
I get them from http://www.Angelfluff.com
I was the first one that got the VA to buy stuff from Angelfluff.
And that was a lot of red tape to go through.
But all I have to do now is print out a copy of my order, then I turn it in to VA.
My order is shipped directly to my house. :D

Schoppy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:00 pm 

Any vet with an honorable discharge can receive incon supplies from the VA with a Rx from a VA doc. "Most" VA pharmacies will provide the items prescribed if they are disposable. Simply stated, "most" VA pharmacies provide disposable items and any item that is not disposable (durable) such as cloth diaper, diaper covers, oneies, etc., are provided by the prosthesis dept. These types of items are categorize as "non-formulary" and take special approved before the purchase is authorized. I'm pretty certain that most VA's will require a doc Rx for EACH of items requested.

Obtaining reusable incon items of any type from the VA is NOT easily done because most VA doc's,.... including urologist and the pharmacy people have a strong belief that disposables provide less skin irritation and reusable cloth diapers, do not. I have fought this battle long and hard. The good news is "some" VA's will give you whatever you want within reason. Any vet can try to get the VA to buy any product, but is all starts having the Rx for the product you want from your VA doc.

High quality disposables such as Abena can be provided by the VA. However, ANY product you want that the VA does not have in inventory, or within the VA pharmacy system is considered a "non-formulary" purchase. Non-formulary purchases need special approval prior to purchases, but obtaining "quality" disposables diapers is much easier done compared to cloth diapers, and diaper covers.

ANY incon product is, or can be made available for the VA, but a doc Rx is required for the specifics items you need. I have helped many vets obtain quality products for the VA, so you need some advise on how to obtain quality products from the VA let me know.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:25 am 

I am a Vet, Nam, Marines. I prefer cloth also but could never ask for them for some fear of being thought of as...weird, or whatever. I would rather walk point than ask for cloth diapers. Maybe I am not as comfortable about my incon as I thought I was. Damn! Papa