www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:15 pm 

I just checked the XP Med Web site re the Seni Quatro. They temporarily are out of stock but Gary expects more in late September.

Re capacity, XP Med lists a maximum total absorbent capacity as about 4 liters!! This is consistent with tests by the ABDL Factory. Impressive. If the maximum useable capacity is only 50% of the maximum total capacity, that still is 2 liters or 64 ounces!

During my last wear of the Seni Quatro during my morning exercise walk I again experienced a bowel accident. The Seni did NOT leak! I have to sit to remove shoes and shorts which stresses the diaper after a bowel accident. When I removed the messy diaper I again noted that stool had been forced past the standing leak guards but had been contained by the leg gathers. This is exactly what I found on the previous occasion. Had there not been any leak guards at all, I might have had a leak. Nonetheless, the leg gathers performed their role very well and was no leak.

I again feel that there is less bowel odor with the Seni Quatro than with most breathable diapers (of course, I have not checked them all). That probably is all that should be expected from a breathable diaper.

BTW, the spelling per the manufacturer is Seni Quatro with only one "T."

--John

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:25 am 

I too received the Seni Quattro and had a chance to put it through quite a test (bladder incon only). Here are my thoughts in comparison to the Abena M4 Breathable which is what I use for those warm days:
  • Fantastic absorbancy for such a thin profile; slimmer than Abena.
  • After two major floods (and the constant dribbles/trickles), both the initial absorption and subsequent absorption were quite similar to the Breathable M4.
  • After the floods and over all leaks, the Seni maintained its thin profile. There wasn't a big, bulky, wedge between my legs.
  • No leaking from the diaper backing.
  • Less sag than Abena M4 breathable (but then again, I used the pre-stretch technique that JD had mentioned).
  • Odor control seems a bit better than the Abena, but the jury is still out since I have been hydrating more than normal due to hot weather.
  • Virtually no noise and better than the Abena (according to my wife).
  • I have to separate (i.e., break free) the leak guards from the body of the diaper prior to putting on the diaper. The guards are pretty well stuck on to the diaper body.
  • Cost wise, they are $1.44/diaper verses the Abena on Amazon at $1.30.

After 2 days, I am very impressed with the Seni. I'll keep some on hand for those hot days where I need a slimmer profile than usual. For now, I'll stick with Abena breathable on those hot days; Plastic back for everything else.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:20 am 

After trying the Seni for several days, I must say I'm very impressed with their performance. I too have adopted the pre strecth method mentioned and it works like a charm.

Their wicking capability and capacity actually mean, that I might consider them as replacements for my Molicares, when a high capacity diaper is needed.
Odor wise they are on pair with Molicare and as a plus, they are also breathable...my wife is very sensitive and I have not received any comments from her, yet.
Pricewise, it's a economic diaper (in Europe) while still having the same performance as a premium diaper.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:09 am 

JDinVirginia wrote:
Because I do like the Seni, I hope that its price becomes lower if XP Med stocks it permanently.

I'm with you there JD. I usually wear the Tena Slip Maxi at work becasue it is more discrete than other, bulkier diapers. If the Seni were to come down in price, to at least match what I pay for the Tena, I would definitely consider changing for daytime use. I am well pleased with these as to how they hold up through the day and handle my wettings. I just don't feel like spending that much money for 2-3 changes per day.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:51 pm 

Today I wore one of my few remaining Seni Quatro diapers. As I put the Seni on immediately after taking off an Abena Abri-form Premium Air Plus breathable diaper a few differences were noticeable. The Seni shell definitely feels stronger and less stretchable than the Abena. Both diapers are very comfortable, but the Abena feels a little lighter and and may have slightly better ventilation than the Seni.

Both diapers fit my personal anatomy well, but the padded portions of the Seni seemed to conform more closely to my shape in the front, for very good concealment for such an absorbable diaper.

As fate would have it, I had a bowel accident while wearing the Seni and the circumstances required me to continue wearing the messy diaper for a protracted period until I had an opportunity to change it and clean up. The experience supports my previous impression that the Seni transmits a little less bowel odor than many other breathables. One factor may be the height of the leg gathers and the snugness with which they come up to the crotch to prevent leaks. Of course, that could be due luck in how the diaper conforms to my personal shape. This certainly is not a scientific test, so I would appreciate comments from others in this regard.

I wore plastic pants over the diaper but did not have a diaper leak. The Seni's internal leak guards are effective at containing feces, but it is arguable as to whether the Seni or the Abena performs better in this regard. After I receive new Senis I will measure the exact height of the respective leak guards.

XP Med notes that they expect their next shipment of Seni diapers on 30 September.

--John

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:19 am 

I just placed an order for another package of Seni Quatro diapers from XPMed. I am finishing up a package of Abena Abriform Premium Air diapers and want another comparison before I order a full case of the Seni's. The Abenas certainly are comfortable, but they do seem to stretch more than the Seni's. Also, my wife has noted that she detects more odor from the Abenas - even my medicated diaper rash cream!! I intend to wear the Seni's primarily around the house, but, as I am bowel incontinent, that is worrisome for me.

Has anyone else had some more experience with the Seni's?

--John

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:07 am 

I received my latest package of the Seni Quatro diapers from XP Med in time to wear one for my morning exercise walk.

As fortune would have it, I experienced a bowel accident (full void, not just a leak). When I have an accident I usually also pee. I then walked about a mile home wearing the messy diaper. Circumstances required me to sit three times before I could change, the last time to remove my shoes and trousers. This would have stressed the leak guards and leg gathers, making this IMHO a good test of the diaper.

Upon changing and inspecting the Seni I found that the standing leak guards had performed well, but that a small quantity of fecal material had been forced over guards, but was contained by the leg gathers. The end result - NO leak and no need to wash my plastic pants. :D

I again noted that less fecal odor was present than with the Abena Abriform Premium Air Plus or other breathables I have worn.

As I was out for exercise, I double-taped the diaper and so I did not test the strength of the original tapes. I will note, however, that the tapes seem to grip more strongly on the more papery surface of the Seni Quatro than other breathables with a more fuzzy cloth-like shell.

The Seni, in my estimation, performs better than the Abena Abriform Premium Air Plus, however, it is a markedly more expensive diaper! I hope that Gary is able to bring the price down.

Has anyone else had any more experience with the Seni Quatro?

--John

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:49 am 

John, What size do you wear? As I calculate out per diaper cost, the Seni is less expensive than the Air-Plus. The per case cost is higher but you get more per case then.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:13 am 

Msshendo, I wear a Large.

Buying by the case from Gary at XP Med, I calculate the price per diaper for the Seni Quatro as $1.71 (case of 60 for $103) while the cost of the Abena Abriform Premium Air Plus in L3 is $1.24 per diaper.

Of course, the maximum absorbency of the Seni Quatro is greater than that of the Abriform so, in that sense, you are getting more for your money.

For comparison, ConfiDry 24/7, size Large by the case, is $1.54 per diaper. That makes the Seni fairly costly.

I am having a bad week (for me), incontinence-wise. Yesterday I experienced another full-void bowel accident which, due to my use of enemas, is fairly uncommon for me except during my exercise walks. I just happened to be wearing a Seni Quatro and the results were almost like yesterday. I had to sit once to remove shoes and trousers. I was at home and not wearing plastic pants and so was worried about soiling my outer clothing. There was slight seepage over the standing leak guards but it was well contained by the leg gathers and thus NO LEAK! I am gaining more confidence in this diaper.

--John

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:09 am 

John, I see where you are coming from there. In my opinion thought the Seni Quatro is much more discrete noise wise than the 24/7. And, I would compare the Seni with the L4 not the L3 as far as absorbtion would go. I may be wrong there as I have no comparison to base that on, just my opinion.

Gore Vidal

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next