www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:12 am 

msshendo, the Seni Quatro very definitely is quieter than the ConfiDry 24/7. When I wear the 24/7 I find it necessary to wear a silencer. Not so with the Seni.

It may be surprising that I also wear the ConfiDry 24/7, but when I received samples, I found to my surprise that it contained feces better than any other diaper I have tested. The absorbent capacity, of course, far exceeds my needs, and it is a bulky diaper, but the extensive mat plus the extremely high standing leak guards provide me with the best seal that I have found. Due to my weight and shape I can wear the 24/7 with jeans fairly discreetly.

Back on topic, I have mentioned that I believe the Seni to stretch and sag less than the breathable Abena L3. However, when out of the home I always add a pair of spandex underpants for extra support, in addition to the plastic pants. I have become confident enough in the Seni that I now have begun wearing it out of the home in low-risk non-social situations. For higher risk and social situations I still will wear a diaper with a plastic shell.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:31 pm 

As a result of my testing the Super Seni Quatro adult diaper I just ordered a case from Gary at XP Med.

I am convinced that, when I need to wear a breathable diaper (primarily for rash avoidance), I probably cannot do any better than the Seni.

Yesterday I wore a Seni for a total of 16 hours, including overnight. As I toss and turn a fair amount at night, that usually stresses a diaper somewhat while I am in bed. When I got up this morning I noted almost no diaper sag from stretching! As I am bowel incontinent the diaper did not have the weight of fluids, but most diapers just tend to fall apart way before 16 hours.

After 16 hours I noted no skin irritation at all. Of course I always use either a good barrier cream or lots of powder. In this instance it was powder. I normally do not wear a diaper for such prolonged period, but this made an interesting experiment.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:38 am 

It may not be good form too reply to my own posting, but, as I seem to be the only one contributing to this topic, here goes.

Although I am permanently bowel incontinent, I also am going through a period of bladder incontinence (hopefully only temporary) and am a heavy wetter. Not good for me, but good for testing the diaper.

I now am into my second case of Super Seni Quatro diapers and am absolutely sold on them. The diaper is extremely comfortable and I very rarely have had leaks. The leaks were small and were my fault as I forgot how long I had the diaper on and pushed it too far. I have worn it overnight and into the morning for 10 ½ hours before changing with no leaks! It seems very reliable for 7 - 8+ hours and I drink a lot of liquids. The fibers wick well and more of the absorbent mat in this diaper seems to actually be used!

For extended wear, one thing I really appreciate is that this diaper does not wick any liquid or moisture through the shell.

Another factor is that this is a great diaper for discreet wear! As most of the absorbed urine is carried low between the legs, it does not protrude visibly in the front as most other high-capacity diapers do. While the diaper swells between the legs with the absorbed liquid, it remains soft and does not cause so much of a waddle factor as many other diapers.

I don't recall whether I have mentioned that the wetness indicator is both in the front and back. I just noticed that during a very soggy change after having wet while on my back.

Although I do wear plastic pants and a pair of compression shorts or compression pants with most high-capacity diapers, the Seni stretches and sags less than other breathable shell diapers I have tried.

As I have mentioned previously, the only real negative is the price. Gary, are you reading this? Need to get the price down a bit.

As I prefer plastic-shell diapers, I began wearing the Seni only at home in a safe environment. Over time I began wearing it out on low-risk outings to gas up the car or stop by the 7-11. My confidence in the diaper has increased to the point where I now do not hesitate to wear it out for non-social situations. The only reason I hesitate to wear it to a social situation is my bowel incontinence and the increased odor that can be transmitted by a breathable diaper (IMHO the Seni transmits less odor). For anyone reading this who is not bowel incontinent I would not hesitate to recommend this diaper as I think the Seni may be the best breathable currently on the market.

For reference, I normally wear ComfiDry 24/7, Tena Slip Maxi, and the Super Seni Quatro, each for specific situations.

Can some of you contribute more to this? I know several tried samples of the Seni.

--John

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:38 am 

Hi, John - I'm slightly off topic here, but I'm worried about you. I think that if you haven't already discussed with your doctor your recently-acquired bladder incon, you should have a medical workup, including a urology visit. I think it's wise to take steps to rule out an illness, even if you have a history of bedwetting (which I don't think you do). I'm guessing that your wife is very understanding and supportive (not a meanie like my husband!), but I would think that she is concerned about your health. Are you able to conceal your wetting from her, and do you also wet during the day?

Wetters

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:09 am 

JDinVirginia wrote:
... Can some of you contribute more to this? I know several tried samples of the Seni. ...
... Here's my two cents worth:

Unlike JD, I am bladder incon only. Nevertheless, after quite a few uses of the Seni, I too am sold on this product. They are my summer diaper because they are breathable; and they are the only breathables that I use now. I find them to be nearly equal to the Tena Slip Maxi in that they absorb in the center of the diaper. Yes, they will wick up the front and back; but the bulk remains between the legs. Therefore, for discreet use, these diapers are just like the Tena Slip's (IMO). FWIW: The center will get bulkly, so beware.

They also do as good a job of containing urine smell as a plastic backed. Being a coffee drinker, diaper scent is a constant worry when using breathable diapers. But with the Seni I am less concerned about giving off unpleasant odors. Of course, if I am near or at capacity, the smell will be noticeable. At that point, plastic backed is better.

I echo JD's comments: the price is an issue. Given that I can get Abena's for around $1.21/diaper, the $1.43/Seni-diaper is a big "ouch". Even so, I am willing to put up with the cost of the Seni because it requires less changes, I worry less about leaks or smell, and because they are great for the hot summer days.

For reference, I use ComfiDri 24/7 for long road trips or airplane rides; Tena's Slip Maxis, Abena M4s, Gary's Level4, and/or Seni's depending on the situation/climate.

Hope this helps, ILuvLA.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:55 am 

iLuvLa, good comments re the diapers. I too am a heavy coffee drinker but find that with the good hydration, odor usually is not noticeable. Re absorbent capacity, I think the Super Seni Quatro holds more than my Tena Slip Maxi's.

Wetters, thanks for the advise. I guess that I am so fed up with seeing doctors about other recent medical issues that I have been putting off seeing a urologist. As my bladder incontinence went totally away for a period of months following my back fusion I keep hoping that the current relapse is only temporary.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:52 am 

Re capacity, I have observed that the wicking on the Seni Quatro is so good that almost all of the absorbent mat of the diaper is used! This greatly increases the actual working capacity of this diaper in comparison to many others which have a high total capacity but only make effective use of half the mat. When I add a North Shore 16 oz. booster pad to the Seni I get very long and reliable wear times.

--John

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:12 am 

The seni quatro from Torun in Poland is my favorite, too. In my opinion, it is the best cloth backed diapered available. I also like the design with the pink stripes.

I order it online in Poland and pick my diapers up at the local parcel shop.

First, they only sold it in Switzerland during try out phase. Then I found the seni Quatro in online shop from the Czech Republic. Soon, German and Polish online dealers followed.

Cveta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:15 am 

Say it isn't so! XP Medical has a notice that the Super Seni Quatro diapers are on backorder until 15 March. :(

It is unclear whether Gary of XP Med has enough users for the Seni to make it worthwhile for him, from a business perspective, to stock greater amounts of the Seni. Whether we can count on XP Med to be a reliable source for the Seni is yet to be determined. I believe that Gary is there only U.S. distributor at the current time. Gary, if you read this, please let us know.

As the Seni is my only breathable diaper and, IMHO, the best breathable diaper available, I definitely will feel its loss. As I recently moved, I delayed ordering another case of the Seni and will run out of my stock in about another 10 days. I guess I will have to go back to the Abena breathable.

Ordinarily I try to stock at least a month's supply of my primary diapers (I have a 13-month supply of the plastic-backed Tena Slip Maxi, as it is converting to a cloth-like cover). :D The downside is the storage space required.

--John

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:39 pm 

John, as an alternative have you looked into Northshore care's breathable diaper. I have tried them and they work very good too. Plus I like the difference in the taping system. The Northshore uses a true hook and loop style tape, or at least hook on the tape. It seems to hold up better for me.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next