www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: European Seni Quattro
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:13 am 

This one's for you JD,

I got my order of the European Seni Quattro yesterday and was excited to try it to see how well it worked. Well, I can't try it because I received the wrong size and they just won't fit. I ordered from XP Medical so I sent them an e-mail. They responded quickly and stated that they will be sending out a new bag of the correct size. So, as soon as I get the correct size, I will try them and report how well I like them.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:44 pm 

Msshendo, bummer about receiving the wrong size!

My initial impressions of the Seni Quatro diaper are favorable. It is too early to render a judgement, but here are a few early observations.

The fit, for me, is good (I wear large). The sizing is equivalent to Abena Abri-form or Tena Slip Maxi.

The material of the breathable backing seems smoother and a little less like fabric than most breathable diapers. It is reasonably quiet. Important for me, the Seni Quatro seems to stretch less than most other breathable diapers. I "pre-stretched" the diaper when fastening it, to achieve a fairly snug fit and allow for some later stretching. That worked fairly well.

I found the diaper to be very comfortable to wear. The tapes are large and adhere well to the backing. The internal leak guards are a little lower than I would like, but at least they are there.

I will reserve judgement until I have some more experience with the Senni "where the rubber meets the road." As I primarily am bowel incontinent, the Seni's ability to perform well in that area concerns me the most and I would like to provide a meaningful evaluation.

--John

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:17 am 

Thanks JD. How in the world do you pre-stretch the diaper?

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:44 am 

To pre-stretch the diaper I merely pull the sides with moderate tension until I feel the diaper material stretch a little. It does seem to reduce the additional amount of stretch experienced after taping the diaper.

Today I wore the Seni Quattro on my morning exercise walk to give it a test (normally I would not wear a breathable diaper for this, for reasons that will become evident). As my walk is before my morning enema, and I will not have had a bowel movement for 24 hours, it is common for me to experience a full bowel accident during the walk. This is what happened this morning. I sometimes also urinate during a bowel accident and this also occurred, resulting in a good test for the diaper. I walked a total of 1 ½ miles and had to walk for 15 minutes while wearing the messy diaper to return home.

Once home, I had to sit down twice in order to remove shorts, shoes, socks, and my plastic pants. Sitting often is the time of greatest risk of a leak for those of us who are bowel incontinent as the pressure from sitting forces the feces against the internal leak guards. I am pleased to note that the Seni did not leak! However, upon removing the diaper I found that fecal matter had been forced over the leak guards and against the leg gathers. I concluded that, although the diaper did not leak, a leak was critically close.

It is unrealistic to expect a breathable diaper to contain bowel odor. The Seni did better in this regard than most breathable diapers I have tried.

There was no wicking through the backing of the diaper.

I noted no significant diaper sag.

Overall, a positive impression of the Seni Quattro. I will continue to wear my plastic-backed diapers, always when out of the home, but when I need a breathable diaper to wear at home I think the Seni will be the one.

We really need additional reviews, particularly from those who are bladder incontinent. However, if you wear breathable diapers, you may wish to try out the Seni.

--John

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:23 am 

After reading this thread, I myself ordered a couple of bags of these "Seni Quattro"

Usually I'm using medium size, and ordered the Seni in same size, they do run a bit small, however I think it's an ok diaper, it's rather cheap and can be compared to the Molicare Super plus in terms of absorbancy. I usually wear Molicares during the day.
However due to it being a cloth like diaper, I don't think it will replace my Molicares, simply due to odor masking, which I think Molicare is better at, by it being plastic backed.

When "pre-stretching" the Seni diaper, it doesn't sag when wet or have been on for a couple of hours.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:12 am 

Well I am still waiting for the correct size to be shipped. I recieved my first order in the wrong size and the replacement order in the same wrong size. I am hoping that the third time will be correct.

JDinVirginia wrote:
However due to it being a cloth like diaper, I don't think it will replace my Molicares, simply due to odor masking, which I think Molicare is better at, by it being plastic backed.

I think they will work for the odor control since they supposedly have a plastic type liner of some sorts between the absorbant material and the cloth backing. That is why I ordered them in the first place. I wanted to see how well they held up and how discrete they were with the cloth backing. Since I work in a professional environment and a rather quiet environment I am always fearfull that someone will hear my diaper as I am moving around.

Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:34 pm 

I finally got them in the right size. I'm trying them out now. As I am mostly urinary incontinent with some fecal incontinence I will be rating them mostly on how well they handle urine and let you know. I'm so happy they finally came.

Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:11 am 
Admin

Im glad that you finally got the correct size :D

Im looking forward to see how they hold up for you.

Schoppy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:54 am 

Well I tried one last night for a few hours and I have one on this morning for work. I'm testing to see if it will last the 4 hours until I get done work today. Of course I had started wetting it before I left home so it is more like a 5 hour test. But I do have spares with me to change if I need to. So far I like them. Thanks for the suggestion on pre-stretching. I think that really helps. But I can say that I don't feel like the wettness is wicking out of the diaper like I feel it does with most cloth backed diapers I have tried. Usually I feel like the front of the diaper gets wet on the outside as I use it. I don't think I feel that way with these. Maybe that is just a mental thing or maybe it isn't. I'm not 100% sure on that yet.

Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:39 pm 

I continue to be satisfied with the Seni Quattro. Please note that I will not be using it to replace my plastic-backed diapers; rather, it may become my choice when I need to wear a breathable diaper, primarily when at home. I have found breathable diapers to be helpful when I experience the irritation that is an early warning of a potential rash. However, although I intend to wear the Seni mostly at home, its fit and performance are good enough that, if I already happen to be wearing one when I need to leave the house to do some errands, I will continue to wear it after adding plastic pants. However, primarily for odor control, I would change to a plastic-backed diaper before going to any social event.

I note that the Seni Quattro has waist elastics both front and back. That is not an important factor for me, as I tend to tape snugly, but many people really like them.

Because I do like the Seni, I hope that its price becomes lower if XP Med stocks it permanently.

--John