www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Replacement day diaper
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:03 am 

Back when I heard Abena was going to discontinue the plastic backed L2 & 3's, I began to stock pile as many cases as I could. I am starting to get to the point where I need to find a good replacement for them and wanted to hear what the other members thought and suggested. I have heard several people sing the praise of the Tena slip maxi so that will be one I will try. What I am looking for is something like the Abena L2 as far as thickness and fit. I need something that can go about 5 to 8 hours of day use without falling apart yet thin enough that it can be worn under a uniform that I can't do much more with to conceal bulk and sound. Also I have always had better luck with plastic backed diapers rather then cloth like backing.
Oh, I could use some ideas on venders in the US too so I can get some prices so I can figure cost into things. XP medical is already on my list.

Thanks
Rope

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:12 am 

You could also try the Wellness brand. They are a good absorbancy diaper. They have the original and the Signature Superio. Both are good. I had issues with sizing but I'm a bigger guy too. The quality is still there.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:26 am 

Rope,

Try both the Tena Slip Maxi and the Unique Wellness Superio Signature. The Wellness is a less expensive clone of the Tena Slip (costs about 76% as much as the Tena, when purchased by the case). Both have a plastic shell, a plastic front taping panel, very strong tapes, leg elastics, and internal standing leak guards. Both diapers rely on SAP for absorbency, so both are relatively thin diapers. Like you, I liked the Abena Abri-form X-Plus L2 and L3. I find that I wear the same size in the Tena Slip Maxi. For me, the same size (large) in the Wellness fits me, but is slightly smaller than the Tena.

Another option is the Absorbency Plus from XP Med in level 3. As discussions have indicated, it is a good diaper for the price, but does not have dual tapes or internal leak guards.

I prefer a plastic-backed diaper and will wear only plastic-backed when out of the home. At home I sometimes will wear a breathable or a hybrid, particularly if I seem to be getting a rash. I have ordered, but have not yet tested the European Seni Quattro, available from XP Med. According to XP Med, the Seni is a breathable diaper, but has a "heavy gauge waterproof barrier inside that eliminates stretching, sagging and weeping." We shall see. I will post my results.

It sounds like the Molicare Super Plus is thicker and bulkier than you are looking for.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:44 am 

I ordered some of the Seni Quattro as well. I expect to get them early this week, either today or tomorrow I hope. I'll let you know how they work out as well.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:58 am 

Msshendo,

My Seni Quattros also should arrive this week. We definitely will have to compare notes.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:09 pm 

Definitely JD. I just checked the FedEx tracking and mine arrived today. I'll try them out and start a new post about them and we can compare notes publicly. I think we have contaminated this thread good enough already. Sorry about that Rope.

Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:24 am 

I heard a rumor that Tena Maxi slip also are going to be clothbacked now :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:29 am 

Well if that is the case then I may go with the Seni Quattro or... I don't know. I have been using the Tena maxi slip for my normal discrete day diaper for some time now. It works well but I have problems with the tapes pulling off and the absorbant material falling apart throughout the day. The Comfidry 24/7 holds up much better and I like them and the way they fit. I just don't feel that they are as discrete and quiet for my work environment. But I feel more secure in a plastic backed diaper then I ever will in a cloth backed diaper. I just feel as though a cloth backed diaper will leak. I don't know if that is a mental thing or not but I can't get myself past it.

Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:46 am 

I use tranquility atn all day

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:57 am 

Although I am not a fan of breathable diapers, so far I remain fairly satisfied with the Seni Quattro. While they share some of the undesirable traits found in all breathable diapers, they seem to be less undesirable in the Seni, making them easier to tolerate.

We still need someone who is bladder incontinent and a heavy wetter to give the Seni Quattro a better test for capacity and sag than I was able to give it. As I mentioned previously, it performed fairly well for bowel containment.

msshendo, have you yet received your replacements of the Seni Quattro in your correct size?

--John