www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:05 pm 

Thanks for the kind words Ski. I have thought about the body stocking but not so much for concealment but for added support. But I have to tell the truth here, even with all my both and acceptance and understanding of incontinence products, I still find myself uneasy with the idea of a "onesie". Just too many mental images of an adult baby I can't get past. Maybe this is the perfect time to get over this but it is a hang up.
As for the uses, at work, really the only times my shirt comes untucked is when I pull my button up shirt out to either get ready for a call or when it gets to Tue time of day where we can dress down for the evening. Bout are not a big issue because I normally just leave it on till bed time.
Also, to answer you question about the diaper may taking damage from the heat, our protective equipment is top of the line and if we get somewhere that can cause that kind of harm, we are somewhere she have no business being and my diaper is the last thing on my mind.

Rope

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:16 pm 

As a firefighter myself, I got a little chuckle out of a diaper taking heat, lol.....I usually just wear Depend pull-ups with a pad for extra support when I am at work. It's very easy to hide under a uniform and besides a bit of bulk in the front because of the pad, nobody is the wiser. I don't worry much about what I wear under my gear either. Our protective clothing (gear) is so good nowadays, if it gets hot enough down there to melt my diaper, I've got WAY worse problems.....we have more worry about our ears and our hair (I have no hair, I'm bald!!) as that is typically our highest point in a fire. In a fire we are nearly always on our knees and very rarely do we ever stand up in a fire.....there can be several hundred degrees difference between the floor and standing height so we stay low. Even our awesome equipment has limitations. Sorry, I know this is a little off topic, but I felt compelled to chime in.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:16 pm 

I know what you mean with the "onesie." I'm kind of backwards though, I had the hardest time calling a diaper a diaper for a long time, but didn't really have too much issue with wearing the body stocking, but I wouldn't call that a onesie either. My justification was that since I didn't have a choice in the matter of wearing diapers, I needed to protect myself in public. Before I discovered that body stockings were even made for adults, I was constantly adjusting my shirt when moving from sitting to standing. If I dropped something or had to tie my shoe, I would try to do it with my back to the wall. In the case of dropping something though, if I was in the middle of a room, I would bend at the knees, and keep my back upright, which doesn't look normal.

Granted, I still check my shirt a few times a day, and try to be careful when picking stuff up, because a body stocking doesn't look exactly the same as an undershirt, and is much tighter on your back than an undershirt as well. But with that said, it really does give me peace of mind, as while a body stocking may look slightly different than an undershirt, a diaper can't be mistaken for anything else, and I would imagine it would stick out like a sore thumb.

Also, when I'm close to being due for a change, the fact that it provides support and stops sagging is crucial to remaining discreet.

With all that said, if I'm seeing my urologist, I will wear an undershirt, since I doubt he'd understand, and I don't care to explain either.

The ABDL thing weirds me out too, but the fact of the matter is I NEED this to maintain my quality of life and reduce stress, I suggest you look at it that way as well. I'm not sure how long you've be incontinent, mine started almost 3 years ago and progressively got worse, it takes time to adjust to everything.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:38 pm 

I'm right there with you Ski. On a lot of your points of view. The ABDL thing weirds me to but nowhere like it use to although I still have my moments. I made the change about a year ago to cloth diapers and the same logic kept me from making them an option for a while. You have given me a lot to think about and I may give them a try. Not so much at home but for when I am at work.
Also, we are about at the same point with our in incontince. Its been almost 3 years needing them 24/7 and about 3 more before that with symptoms. Know what's sad, I was figuring up today how long its been and in less than a week, it will be 1000 days since I wore regular underwear. Sad, I know. Been a lot of growing in that time, a lot.

PB&J, I hope you are doing well too. Something else is I hope you can keep managing with the depend and the pad. I did that for a long time and it worked most of the time, I still had leaks. The other issue for me was the cost. Changing to a tape on. It my cost almost in half because a tape on could last twice as long.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:18 pm 

Hi

I am in the UK and I currently wear Attends as they have a plastic backing, during the day I wear their Active slip with Attends stretch/fixation pants. The absorbency is great and they look like normal underwear. I wear a onsie/body stocking for extra safety as I too have had the exposure issue and gives me that extra mental safety net when out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:06 pm 

Pride swallowed and order made. I am going to try them out. If it works like I hope, it should give me more options.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:37 pm 
Admin

Hey Rope, I have several from two suppliers, it is amazing just how comfy they are, when you get past the baby image we all have in our heads! :P Always good to have added weapons in the "Wet War" we are all in here! Puffy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:46 am 

Puffy, We have to get over the fetish thing. Imagine a world in which there was absolutely no fetish people at all but all the same products were available, would you buy/use more of what is available out there? Yes. Whether is was because the products were more comfortable or worked better or added to the usefulness of diapering and dealing with incontinence or were just to break up the same old same old routine we would be more willing to "let go" and "go for it" (well some of it depending on our own personal hang-ups.) Everyone here has individual fears that they go to extremes to avoid. I way over diaper at night to avoid ever leaking through. Partly because i sleep in the same bed as my wife, and also partly because seeing a wet "spot" on the sheets sends me off the deep end. How un-rational since i am wearing a soaked diaper, but to me the diapers are supposed to get wet - but not the bed. I use to love to travel and did so a lot. Now I avoid as much travel as possible. Again such things as being patted down at an airport or having some customs agent asking me to open a suitcase which contains diapers causes more anxiety than walking point in Vietnam. I am never sure if it is anxiety or anger at being put in that position. We all have our own personal fears as well as ones in common. Adding to them with some unfounded rational that a diaper or piece of clothing or anything puts us in some weird fetish world is insane. (But i also understand how that happens.) It prevents us from possibly finding something useful, different, fun or whatever and using it. AHHHGGGG!!! Papa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:38 pm 

I have a question about the 4care body stocking. How much do they shrink when washed the first few times? Anyone have experience with these?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:30 pm 

I would "guestimate" about 10%. I realize that that is not much help. So let me be a bit descriptive.

I order mediums. Out of the package, they wear like a slightly loose undershirt. After a few washes they become more body hugging (because of the shrinkage); like a muscle shirt.

Hope this helps.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next