www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:06 pm 

I'm wondering if KINS Pull-On All-In-One Adult Diaper 10900 (http://www.babykins.com/store/all-in-on ... lt-diaper/) would be good to wear over Abena abri-form xplus diaper for at night time. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this particular product because I would like to get it if it works well with disposable diapers. Some nights my abenas will leak at night and I'm looking for some extra protection to keep my bedding dry.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:07 pm 

Hi Tom,

When I was shopping around for a reusable product of I looked at those as an option but to tell the truth, I could not get past the "baby" theme of the kind site. I can tell you this, all and without exception, all of the all in ones were terrible. What I found was the briefs that were not adjustable never fit right. They always leaked, even to over night briefs. If you are having leaking issues with the Abena's I would think that you are sleeping on you side and that may be the problem. I would urge you to look at a good prefold with a PUL cover. If you are going to think about cloth, do it right the first time. Trust me, it is way too expensive to go about this halfway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:20 pm 
Admin

http://www.babykins.com/store/terry-lin ... tic-pants/ may be a lighter, not so thick way to go. I have several of their AIO, and they are fairly thick for over top a disposable. Great customer service from them as well! :) Puffy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:57 am 

To answer your question rope_wrench, yes I am a side sleeper, I'm just looking for something that will catch the leaks at night while sleeping on my side. I'm not concerned about bulkiness at night while I sleep as long as I keep bedding dry because my bladder is very active at night and when I wake up in the morning to change my diaper it is completely soaked.

I generally sleep for 9-10 hours at night sometimes so I usually exceed the capacity limit of the Abena so I'm trying to figure out ways to extend the capacity.

I know it's a better idea to wake up earlier with the alarm set to change into a fresh diaper halfway through the night but if I did that my sleep pattern is messed up because I would have to lay in bed with my eyes open for about 15 minutes and another 15 minutes sitting up in bed so that I won't get dizzy and fall when I get up out of bed to change.

I have balance and gait issues because of left sided weakness from my chiari malformation. I also can't feel hot/cold or pain/sensations on left side either. I have also tried to change myself in bed before but it's too painful for my neck and back.

Only way I'm able to change myself during the day is the stand up against a wall and use a mirror so I can see where I'm placing the tape on the diaper when I use my left hand because I can't physically feel the tape in my hand when I fasten it. So I'm very limited to the ways I can change it myself.

I know Abena is a very good brand and I'm sure comfidry 24/7 is probably more absorbent, but I get my Abena's through my insurance and I'm willing to spend some out of pocket expense to purchase a reusable product to use with my Abena's that will help me through-out the night without leaks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:18 am 

I have the Kins all-in-one terry lined panty and wear it at night over an XP Medical A+ diaper without any problems. The panty is light weight and comfortable. I did use it over a Tena Super which leaked and the panty absorbed the leak. The attached terry liner is harder handle because it takes a long time to dry after rinsing. I have since gone to a waterproof panty with a Gary pull-up diaper inside that I wear over my Tena Super with an Abriform (forgot the exact name) booster pad, the largest XP Medical carries. No problems with either form of night diapering. By the way, I am currently wearing a regular cotton panty over my Tena during the day to stop sags.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:52 pm 

I have never tried an "all-in-one" product, but have heard many bad things about them. I would think that the plastic exterior would fail way before the cloth interior, thus ruining the product. As an alternative, I would recommend one of the heavy-duty "diaper pants" or pull-on diapers, with separate plastic pants to wear over them for the waterproof barrier. On occasion I will need to change out in the middle of the night, and rather than put on another disposable an hour or two before getting up, I will opt for a pull-on cloth diaper. I wear a pair of "enhanced" (four layers of fabric in front to back center panel for added absorbency, and no fly...these look like briefs but are more like the old cotton training pants in their functionality) cotton briefs under the pull-on diaper, with plastic pants for the required waterproof barrier. This combination is very effective, and can easily handle multiple wettings. The downside is they are too bulky to wear under clothing, and once they get wet, they feel wet. Also, odor can be an issue.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:15 am 

Hi Tom! I too am a side sleeper and sometimes leak from my Abena L4 or ComfiDry 24/7, despite also having a booster pad. I now am wearing a pre-fold cloth diaper with Velcro from Angel Fluff Diaper Company (AFDC) over the disposable. I only leak every three nights or so and the cloth diaper effectively catches the leak so there are no wet sheets. When there is no leak I do not need to wash the cloth diaper! :D I am wearing a day-time weight cloth diaper as the disposable catches most of the liquid. However, for greater flexibility (and faster drying times) I intend to order some cloth diaper flats (which need to be pinned) and see how that goes.

AFDC is a very reliable company with an excellent selection of cloth diapers.

Let us know how things work out for you.

--John

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:03 am 

I am a fan of Kins products and use their DPF diaper with two doublers and a plastic bloomer nightly. They are easy to apply, comfortable and if an Abri flexible pant is worn over the diaper it tightens everything snuggly against the skin so even in heavy use there are no leaks. Dump it all in the wash in the morning and it's ready for the next night. The flexible pant is called ABENA ABRI FIX SOFT COTTON M WITH LEGS