www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Training Pants
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:23 pm 

Even though I wear a very absorbent disposable diaper and waterproof panties at night, I do sometimes leak and so have a bedwetting pad under my bottom sheet. I tried a terry lined waterproof panty but I want to wear a cloth diaper/pull-up between my disposable diaper and my panty because I can put a wet pull-up into the laundry and still have the panty for a fresh pull-up. I found several all-in-ones but want a separate pull-up. Please suggest some websites where I could find something I could use. I've seen baby-pants.com, a good price but they don't respond; Protex (I think it is called) is very expensive. I ordered a Gary pull-up diaper but it has not arrived yet. I want to wear the pull-up over my diaper during the day to help prevent sags when I am wet. I would like to use cloth diapers at night but the laundry can be just too much and my disposable doesn't leak every night!

Post subject: Re: Training Pants
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:09 pm 

Hello, Diane.

I have some Gary cloth pull ons originally bought from a site that doesn't sell pull on styles anymore. They work would most likely be all right for the kind of use you describe. (I am also female.) but I personally find the flannel bulky and don't particularly care for the flap inside. Some other vendors with cloth pull ons of which I'm aware-- although I have not bought from them and don't plan to do so as long as the ones I have are still usable-- are Driwear, Kins (in Canada) Loving Comfort (Other members, are they still in business? At one point that was questionable.) and I think LL Medico.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:13 am 

Hi, Diane. I've always been a big fan of wearing something absorbent between a disposable and a waterproof pant. I haven't yet tried these, but I've had my eye on them for some time. Kins makes terrycloth pants http://www.babykins.com/store/adult-cloth-diapers/page/2/--without a waterproof barrier--that sound perfect for what you're after. You can get them in single- or double-thickness, and they should do just what you need them to. How do those look?

-RMS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:13 am 

Angel Fluff also makes a pull-on brief, although I have not tried it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:31 am 

Diane, You can also try Loving Comfot at http://lovingcomfort.com/adultprod.htm I have ordered from them and from Angel Fluff but I don't know if Angel Fluff has pull on's.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:08 pm 

I am not sure what's up with loving comfort but back last November I tried to order from them and never heard back. I actually left phone messages withe them too. Nothing.
Angelfluff was very helpful in finding what I needed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:37 pm 
Admin

I get my cloth diapers from Angelfluff for many years. I never had any problem with them. :D
I hope you find what you are looking for. :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:52 pm 

Thank you for your fast replies and advice. I ordered LL Medico's pull up diaper and will try one of the diapers Loving Comfort has for sale.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:11 am 

Diane wrote:
Thank you for your fast replies and advice. I ordered LL Medico's pull up diaper and will try one of the diapers Loving Comfort has for sale.

I was going to mention LL Medico as a source for Euroflex bloomers...and these are superb for preventing leaks & wicking at the legs. I've used vinyl bloomers off and on for years. Even a few pair of rubber bloomers at one time which were a bit heavy-weight and saggy, not to mention noisy.

Again as I've said a number of times, for heavy wetting situations, we each have to see our own best solutions based in a lot of input from others AND a lot of trial and error on our own. It takes time and the willingness to try new products or varied combinations of products...disposables, cloth, boosters, pads, overpants (vinyl, rubber, cloth) and so on.

Not to mention what works best in street clothing that does not highlight bulk or allow noise and sagging. It's quite a balancing act as we each have our own and unique 'center of gravity', so to speak.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:13 am 

Diane wrote:
Even though I wear a very absorbent disposable diaper and waterproof panties at night, I do sometimes leak and so have a bedwetting pad under my bottom sheet. I tried a terry lined waterproof panty but I want to wear a cloth diaper/pull-up between my disposable diaper and my panty because I can put a wet pull-up into the laundry and still have the panty for a fresh pull-up. I found several all-in-ones but want a separate pull-up. Please suggest some websites where I could find something I could use. I've seen baby-pants.com, a good price but they don't respond; Protex (I think it is called) is very expensive. I ordered a Gary pull-up diaper but it has not arrived yet. I want to wear the pull-up over my diaper during the day to help prevent sags when I am wet. I would like to use cloth diapers at night but the laundry can be just too much and my disposable doesn't leak every night!

for a maximum protection at night (keeping the bed dry), nothing gives the security against leaks & wicking more than a vinyl or rubber bloomer. yes, they look hideous, but if no one sees you and you opt for maximum coverage, however bulky, the bloomers fit well down onto the thigh, yet higher up on the waist...it's a LOT of waterproofing coverage! Of course, you can wear cotton or terry or even a cloth pad or diaper over the disposable and under your bloomer, too. This will be ultimately heavy and bulky and it will sag when you get up should you wet heavily overnight. But you won't be walking around in those and they will NOT be worn under clothing. And that sag will beg you to change as soon as you are upright and awake. Just a suggestion when nothing else works.

John