www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: How do you wear?
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:09 pm 

JD, the diapers lasted 2 years. The vinyl or PUL pants did not. Usually less than 6 months before they become unacceptably leaky.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:28 pm 

I wear different ones depending on the situation. The Dry24/7, or XP medical are ones I like for going out but I just have to put a staple in the tapes to the diaper and that keeps them from coming off. The Northshore supreme I wear at night and those tapes are super strong. And then at work I wear Wellness briefs and have to change one time during my sift. I have never tried wearing anything like regular underwear over my diaper. But I work in a boiler house, and in the summer it is 120 F. 48 C in here. I am hot enough in a diaper as it is. I don't really want anymore coverage. My one complaint about diapers when they are pretty wet is the sag. So is it safe to say for sure that wearing something over them will eliminate that sagging in my rear end?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:18 pm 

You could experiment with a onesie to keep your protection in place, but that would add to the heat you must endure at work.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:35 am 

Boilerman,

You and I both use the same diapers, so I am well aware of their sag factor when saturated.

IMHO, there is no perfect solution. Most solutions involve wearing something over the diaper to provide support and resist the sag. :(

I like wearing a onesie, such as Patrick recommended. Another option is a pair of breathable PUL pants (plastic pants). Note that these are not vinyl pants. Yet another is a pair of stretchy underpants. A similar, but better option, with more breathability is wearing a pair of mesh fixing pants over the diaper. As they are made of mesh, there is very, very little heat build-up. :D

The only solution not involving an extra layer may be diaper suspenders. They are worn under your undershirt or T-shirt and attach either to the diaper or to your plastic pants. The down side is that they make it more complicated when the time comes to change the diaper.

A completelydifferent approach might be to assume that you will need to wear a onsie, PUL pants, etc. on top of your diaper. If you have to wear that layer outer layer for support, why not change your diaper to a quality breathable diaper to reduce the heat buildup?

Good luck and please let us know what works for you.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:47 am 

msshendo wrote:
I'm not sure if I am going to say this correctly but here it goes.

For the most part, I wear a full tape on diaper (I go between the Tena Maxi Slip and the Comfidry 24/7). I very rarely go with just the diaper on under my clothes or whatever I am doing. Very often I will continue to wear my normal cotton briefs over top of the diaper. Sometimes if I know I am going to need the extra protection I will wear a PUL pant over top of the diaper to help stop any leaks.

My reasoning for wearing something over the diaper is two fold. One, I have found that sometimes if I am wearing just a diaper the tapes can have a tendancy to pull, stretch or rip off and having something overtop seeps to help prevent this. It also helps to keep sharp edges of the tapes from sticking into me depending on how I am sitting. Two, I guess I still have some embarrasement around my wife about just wearing a diaper and possibly a t-shirt. I still go to another room to put on a diaper so I am not putting it on in front of her (as happened last night.) Oh, and sorry for this, third (I guess it is three fold), I find that having something over the diaper under my pants helps conceal any noise the diaper makes when I move around.

So, short story long to get to my question. Am I the only one like this? What do you wear overtop your diaper and do you have similar reasoning as I do? I guess in short, Am I a crazy?

I guess I just wear a Dry 24/7 with a pair of boxer briefs over them to stop sagging/ripped tapes/crinkling. I have a few onesies (is that the right name?) that I wear in the winter, but it gets too hot in the summer for that. Tried cloth from Angel Fluff, was a nightmare ordering from them and ended up with stuff I can't wear and can't return. The worst part, their staff helped me measure myself, over the phone, for their cloth diapers. Anyway, I still have the plastic pants that I bought with it but they leave welts on my skin so I don't use them. Plus they create a serious case of swamp arse! 8) Eventually I would like a thinner diaper for daytime but so far I've struck out on my search.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:59 am 

Mike, What branch were you with. Where did you serve? Papa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:53 pm 

Papa wrote:
Mike, What branch were you with. Where did you serve? Papa

US Army Infantry
Operation Iraqi Freedom 03
Operation Iraqi Freedom 04-05

My unit was stationed out of Camp Arifjan, Kuwait but we ran gun trucks on FOB jumping missions. We picked up convoys at Camp Navistar on the Kuwait-Iraq border and took them to points yonder. I lived out of a ruck sack and an Army issue green cot for both my tours. We slept next to our trucks so we could go whenever stuff got rough. If they called "Gun trucks up," they didn't care whose unit you were in... you just went.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:46 pm 

Hey porkchop
You might want to try adultclothdiapers.com or changingtimes for cloth diapers and plastic pants. Quick note about pul- pul is softer plastic fabric that is slightly breathable. It is a lot more durable and not as irritating as vinyl or latex.
Also the changingtimes has some very fun prints including Cowboys and frogs (my favorite 2 pairs).
I also hear that dependeco cloth diapers on eBay are pretty good. I myself am not a huge cloth diaper fan but if you would like some good ones, I suggest these three places. (Note changingtimes resells kins products)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:15 pm 

I will add to Kidlstar's comments that PUL pants usually last substantially longer than vinyl plastic pants because they do not become brittle and crack. Although they cost more initially, my PUL pants actually have been the more economical in the long run.

--John

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:57 pm 

I tried the cloth, but they were a pain in the butt with my two young kids. Maybe later they'll work for me!

Marcus Aurelius

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next