www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: How do you wear?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:50 pm 

I'm not sure if I am going to say this correctly but here it goes.

For the most part, I wear a full tape on diaper (I go between the Tena Maxi Slip and the Comfidry 24/7). I very rarely go with just the diaper on under my clothes or whatever I am doing. Very often I will continue to wear my normal cotton briefs over top of the diaper. Sometimes if I know I am going to need the extra protection I will wear a PUL pant over top of the diaper to help stop any leaks.

My reasoning for wearing something over the diaper is two fold. One, I have found that sometimes if I am wearing just a diaper the tapes can have a tendancy to pull, stretch or rip off and having something overtop seeps to help prevent this. It also helps to keep sharp edges of the tapes from sticking into me depending on how I am sitting. Two, I guess I still have some embarrasement around my wife about just wearing a diaper and possibly a t-shirt. I still go to another room to put on a diaper so I am not putting it on in front of her (as happened last night.) Oh, and sorry for this, third (I guess it is three fold), I find that having something over the diaper under my pants helps conceal any noise the diaper makes when I move around.

So, short story long to get to my question. Am I the only one like this? What do you wear overtop your diaper and do you have similar reasoning as I do? I guess in short, Am I a crazy?

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

Post subject: Re: How do you wear?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:25 pm 

I tend to wear something over the diaper, if I know I'm going to be away for a long time, and not sure about places to change at. Keeps the sagging from being an issue.

However, I usually just wear the diaper then my shorts or pants. The only issues this may have, is the shorts riding down a bit, and exposing the top of the diaper, but makes changing a lot faster.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:24 pm 

I wear pull ups since I can make it to the toilet most of the time. Tena Protective Underwear. I haven't tried anything other than just wearing that under my shorts. I'm kinda new to this so IDK what's best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:54 pm 
Admin

A pair of cotton underwear to catch any potential leaks, and also keeps things snugged up, along with a cover pant for piece of mind. Compression shorts also work really well, you are not the only one! Puffy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:22 pm 

Cotton underwear really does enough to stop leaks?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:57 pm 
Admin

Depends on just how bad the leak is, normally they are enough to soak up any leaks that "may" get out. Better safe then sorry, and a bed pad is another safety measure many use to protect the mattress... :) Puffy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:13 am 

At home I usually wear only the diaper during the daytime. When out of the house I always add a pair of plastic pants. If I am going to be in a social situation I add a silencer or concealer in the form of Spandex shorts or compression pants. When I was having severe bladder incontinence, at night I sometimes wore a pair of cotton underpants between the diaper and plastic pants to catch small leaks.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:20 am 

Thanks for the comments and Puffy, thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one. I still may be crazy but hey, whatever. Since I almost always wear a plastic backed diaper, and since I am a bit on the bigger side, I find that the plastic backing and tabs can often rub up agains me so I will wear something over top. I have found that cotton briefs do absorb some minor leakage here and there. So that is a bit of a help. Lately at night I have been wearing the diaper with a PUL pant to contain any leaks. I guess it is just a comfort thing.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:18 pm 

During the day, I always wear a pair of snug-fitting underpants over my diaper. It helps support the diaper when it gets wet and in that way makes the diaper less apparent under the seat of my pants. However, at night the only thing I wear over my diaper is a pair of sweatpants.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:24 pm 

I personally don't wear anything over my diaper at home and in social situations. When I'm home I usually wear regular diapers, but my incontinence is on the lighter side, so it's usually overkill, but I like the security and comfort. When I go to work, though, I don't wear a regular diaper, usually just a pull-up/pad. When I am at work with my pull-up/pad I always wear regular underwear over it!!! Crazy??? Hell no!!! It's just how you manage!! We all have ways of managing our condition as we all have different needs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next