www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: How do you wear?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:10 pm 

As for me, for the most part, just the diaper and then pants/shorts after that. I may use the abena fixing pants or onezie to keep things in place for longer times between possible changes while up and about. Like PB&J32 said: we manage for our different needs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:43 am 

Usually an onesie, but now and then only mesh pants to help support the diaper and make sure the tapes aren't coming undone.
sometimes just a pair of shorts above.
I never walk around in just a diaper and t-shirt at home, I'd like to keep it as private as possible....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:06 pm 

I struggled with this one myself.

Bodystockings (I like the ones from xpmedical) keep the diaper in place, hide the diaper if the shirt rides up, and prevents breakdown of the diaper. I like them a lot.

However, it does mean you are pretty much locked into the diaper... With my urges, by the time I pull my pants down, unsnap the onesie and pull my member out, it is pretty much too late. So, if I am wearing a onesie I am not using the toilet at all, which makes me feel like I am giving up...

I also wear compression shorts, but they slide down the back of the diaper so they are only good at keeping the diaper compressed and in place, and then, only if I have a t-shirt stuck in. In this set up, I try to make it to the toilet as often as I can, but the downside to it, is that if I have an accident, the front of the diaper is a) loose and b) my member is pointing up. Both of these can lead to leaks.

When it is not too hot I will wear plastic pants and a cloth pull-up diaper to catch leaks.

I never go with just a diaper and shorts/pants, because invariably the diaper will pick THAT day to become loose, sag, and irritate my thighs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:28 pm 

Day

I currently wear an Attends active slip diaper with Attends stretch pants on top to stop the diaper from rubbing and to give the diaper a closer fit. So far this has worked for me.

Night

I wear a full Attends tape on diaper with a bodysuit/onsie as this is great to hold the diaper in place during the twist and turns of a night sleep. The bodysuit/onsie I have does not have legs and has a brief type bottom this allows my legs to be free and helps reduce the heat around the diaper, especially in the heat we are having in the UK at the moment. This works for me as my incontince starts when I stur and need the diaper to be in place ready for action.

Greenway

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:51 pm 

Right now.. if i have a clean onesie, i wear the diaper and the onesie..no other underwear...if the onesie needs cleaning.. I wear an undershirt and undewear over the diaper..helps with concealment if my shirt happens to ride up..

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:22 pm 

I always wear stretch pants over my diaper for three main reasons.
1. It holds the diaper in place a lot better.
2. Acts as a soft barrier to prevent chaifing between the plastic outer and the groyn area.
3. Gives extra security.

Greenbank

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:40 am 

When I wear a disposable diaper i also wear a pull-up over it. A it catches most leaks if i can not change the main diaper. B if i can get to a bathroom i remover the inner diaper and the pull up will work for at least another hour or more. Papa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:33 pm 

I got in the habit of wearing plastic pants over my disposable diapers during the pre-SAP era when diapers only lasted for one wetting, at best. With the premium diaper and booster pad that I now use, I suppose that plastic pants aren't truly necessary, but I continue to wear them anyway as they do provide a nominal extra waterproof barrier. Actually the plastic pants do protect the diaper somewhat and can help keep the tapes from coming loose. I'm also sensitive about my wife seeing me in a wet diaper, so the plastic pants cover that up. Although I use a traditional plastic-backed diaper, the trend seems to be towards the cloth-like exterior, which lets out odor I've been told, so the plastic pants could act as an odor barrier too. I use 7 mil plastic pants, which add to the bulk and are as noisy as my disposable diapers, if not noisier. In my mind however, the added bulk and noise are more than outweighed by the added security.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:23 am 

I usually wear a plastic-backed premium diaper with a booster pad. Over that a pair of PUL pants. Over that either a pair of spandex compression pants or a onsie. If I am going to be away from home and will have to wear a soaked diaper and booster for extended periods (to near its maximum absorbent capacity), I may wear both the compression pants and the onsie to help hold the weight and reduce waddle factor. This is sort of the "belt and suspenders" approach.

--John

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:02 am 

I'm the same. In the day I don't usually wear anything over it. I have plastic pants at night but also plastic sheeting on my mattress so well-protected really. Usually I wear tracksuit pants and these are always sliding down where my nappy will show, I think plastic pants would only make that issue worse. It's a life of adjusting your pants all the time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next