www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:12 pm 

I second the recommendation to try tena super.. i wear tena ultra now, and the cut is very comfortable. It feels more like your wearing underpants than an adult brief. I want to try tena supers.. maybe i will soon..

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:14 pm 

I've pretty much switched to cloth. B4NS velcro closure diapers at night and KINS velcro closure diapers during the day. The KINS are fairly thin (I don't use inserts), have a very nice fit and don't bulge more than the Tena disposables I was using before. They're fairly reliable for two wettings, which is generally OK since I can usually get to the WC before I have to use the diaper. And for the Canadians in the group, both B4NS and BabyKins are Canadian companies.

Post subject: Tena diapers fit well
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:30 am 

I agree with you, Sociologygeek, that Tenas seem to fit better than most other diapers. Yes, fit is certainly an individual thing and we are all different but I've heard others comment in the past that they notice how Tenas just seem to fit better after being taped on than most other diapers.

European Tenas are also excellent diapers. I found that out when I travelled to the UK. That was more than 10 years ago and back then Promise acquired Tena or vica versa and the diaper was pretty poor, typical of any American diaper. But that Tena Maxi that I discovered over in the UK was a wonderful, well fitting and capable diaper! I willingly gave up luggage space to bring a case of them home....they were that good!

I have not tried the American version but I think I shall, based on your recommendation. I know diapers have improved across the board in recent years but as a cloth wearer, I don't experiment with disposables, wearing an Abena X-Plus when I need a disposable and the fit could certainly be better than it is! It would be a problem if I did not wear a body suit! But as I recall the Tena stayed up properly as if it were made for me!