www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Abri San Pads
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:58 pm 

I'm just starting out trying Abri San Super pads and I'm looking for any comments or suggestions how to keep them in place.

I have urge incontinence and like the idea that if I can get to a bathroom in time I can just slide the pad down and urinate with out completely undressing.

Any advice from experienced users would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:19 am 

Yes, that's a great pad! No question about it-as good as a diaper but without the wings or tapes.

Have you experimented with different brands of underwear briefs? All are not the same. Some may find Fruit of the Loom ideal where others may like Jockey, Champion, or in my case, 2Xist.

The main thing is good support and retention to keep the pad securely in place and if you can get that with the cotton underwear, that would be ideal but don't overlook the disposable underwear if you are not happy with the cotton underwear holding the AbriSan pad.

Again, different brands fit differently. In my opinion the Medline Protection Plus pull on is the best fit. You could get their lighter absorbancy offering since you are only interested in the fit, not expecting to make use of their absorbancy and protection, tho it is a plus to have the protection on your side if the pad does shift and you have an unexpected void without being able to reposition the pad. Obviously this would be disasterous with cotton underpants but no big deal if you were wearing the waterproof underpants to hold the AbriSan pad in place.

And tho they fit nicely and are snug and secure, the Medline pants have a gently waist band that lets you easily pull it down to use the toilet.

Joe K

Post subject: Abri-san
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:50 pm 

Since my vacation, I have found myself to be quite partial to the Abri-san Midi pads. While I have not been terribly disappointed with them staying in place, I can see where it might be a problem.

You might try mesh pants, as I know that the pads are designed for use there also. Maybe just some new tighty-whities would be in order. Sometimes they can get looser over time