www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:38 am 

Hello, MSUSpartan. Yes, I have slit the backing at various angles and places or torn it open. Not totally removed it, as the puffy stuff/little pellets will fall all over. But I'm so surprised it'll still bypass the second diaper many times. Usually it flows to his right side the most. He never moves at night. He lays flat on his back and stays there all night long. Early morning he might start getting restless a bit, but he's always been a person to sleep on his back all night without moving. Even more so now. I've seen liners and boosters that have no backing to add to disposables. I may try that too.

Thank you for your post, I'm still waiting for Kins shipment, so will post back when I see how they work.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:46 pm 

I find that exceedingly odd. I find that any disposable will leak at the sides if I sleep flat on my back, unless I'm "tucked in" really good.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:09 am 

MSUSpartan, I find it odd, too, but I've been doing this for a long time and keep getting consistently poor results with double diapering using disposables.

On a positive note, I received the KINS shipment a few days ago and have tried a couple new options.

I tried the large, open up adjustable disposable diaper (like I can find at Wal-Mart) under plastic pants and the results were very good. There was still some leakage around the right/back side but it was much better.

Then last night I used the same disposable diaper with a cotton KINS pull-up diaper over the top and then plastic pants over all that. The disposable was saturated everywhere; the cotton pull-up diaper only on the back side and up to the waistband; and his PJs were only slightly damp at the back waistband. This is a huge help to me. When I washed him down this morning, I only had to concentrate on the typical diapering zone and he didn't have wet PJs making him shiver as soon as he got out of bed.

Since my husband has Alzheimer's and can't cooperate with my efforts, it could be a small adjustment needed. He could be readjusting himself in his sleep or even pulling the diapers aside thinking he's urinating in a toilet. I'm going to try to adjust his penis flat up against his stomach after putting him to bed at night.

At any rate, the success with plastic pants over cloth over disposable is THE BEST I've ever had and I appreciate the help of you on this forum. My husband is very sweet and has no problem with the puffy pants he wears going to bed and I can rest comfortably knowing he won't freeze in the mornings. Thanks so much to all of you for your help!

Katrinka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:34 am 

Katrinka,

Just a little word on this for you. You mentioned positioning his penis up against his belly for at night. If he is lying on his back what that will do is allow the urine to flow out, pool in his lower abdomin within the diaper and flow down each side. Whereas if it is pointed down into the crotch area, urine should flow out and down that way. However, either way you position when getting ready for bed, those little suckers never stay in one place. Good luck with that.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:22 pm 

:lol: