www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pull-Ups & Bedpads
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:16 pm 

After the horrendous volumes that I experienced immediately post-stroke reduced, I found that Rite Aid brand overnight absorbency pull-ups and washable quilted bed pads worked very well. The pull-ups are discreet, comfortable, and I very rarely got the bed pad wet. When I recovered sufficiently enough to go back to work, I started using Depend Silhouette for daytime when I needed to dress for business.

Wetters

Post subject: Re: Pull-Ups & Bedpads
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:50 pm 
Admin

I think most of us that have any form of night leaking issues either have a waterproof mattress pcover, bed pad, or both. I opt for both, as I am not ready to go replace my mattress I have if it gets ruined, it is one of the spinal specialty ones, and runs about 3 G's retail, so a bed pad is good, thanks. Never been a user of pull-ups at night, a full on taped diaper works best, or the external catheter and bedside bag, but for some they are the answer. My daytime during work has been pretty good, I stay on top of a timed schedule, and don't overload on fluids, so it heads off any impending catrostrophy without leaving me dehydrated, a guard works for the minor drip after issue, some days it is more then minor, but manageable. Nice that we all have different solutions for a similar problem! :o Puffy

Post subject: Re: Pull-Ups & Bedpads
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:13 pm 

I also use a waterproof mattress cover, but I've never considered myself to be a heavy night wetter, except during the first 2 weeks after my stroke.

Wetters