www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Suprima Plastic Pants
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:50 am 

I normally wear Gary medium plastic pants, but want to give Suprima a try. I am interested in the 1212, but am told that they run very large and that a small would be better. Does anyone have experience with the medium Suprima 1212? I wear an Abena X-Plus with a booster pad, so I need something that will cover a high capacity disposable, just not huge.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:03 pm 

I have used several different types of Suprima plastic pants. The size will fool you since they use a different system of sizes. The first time I bought from them I e-mailed them and told them of my waist size and they helped me pick the correct size. I do have a pair of the 1212. They do fit loose. Most of the plastic pants they have fit tight. If you look at the model pictures, you can see how they fit. All of there plastic pants are of high quality. The non-wick leg openings will allow for a leak easier, though. Hope I helped!........Paul Martin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:24 am 

I, too, have a pair of Suprima 1212. Do ask them to recommend a size based on your waist - and be honest!

The elastics at the waist and legs are wrapped in vinyl, and are quite confortable to wear, but are somewhat airtight. The body of the pants is somewhat fuller than most, which gives plenty of room for for a thick cloth diaper, or an Abena or Molicare, with a little room left over.

The plastic is very soft and quiet, if that's a concern. I believe they're worth every penny of the cost.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:53 pm 

I went ahead and ordered small, even though I wear mediums in the Gary products. The pants came today, and they are a perfect fit. I've never worn plastic pants with enclosed elastic, and I'm sold...these are the most comfortable pants I've ever worn, and over the decades, I've worn just about everything out there. They seem to be well made, so we'll see how durable they are over time. You'll pay a premium for these pants, but if you're in them 24/7 like I am, you'll appreciate the comfort and not find the cost objectionable.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:20 am 

What supplier do you recommend purchasing these from .. what is the source from which your purchased these .. their web site and e-mail .. thanks ..

I went 'on-line' and Googled Suprima .. then went to the site .. B4NS .. at B4NS I found MY OWN ANSWER to the above question .. B4NS has twenty-seven (27 count them!) different Suprima designs and styles and colors and you-name-it ..

I added this additional comment in case someone else had the same question I raised above ..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:55 am 

Their sizes are different from American sizes. You may want to e-mail them for assistance getting the correct size. They fit tighter than most other plastic pants.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:44 am 

I did order the 1212 plastic pants from B4NS. Their customer support strongly recommended that I order the small, which I did. I'm glad I followed their advice since the small 1212 fits about the same as a medium pair of Gary plastic pants and is fine for me to wear over my Abena diapers. The 1212 pants don't fit quit as well over the pull-up cloth diapers I sometimes wear. The Gary pants are better for those.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:28 pm 

Suprima plastic pants are a very good product but are expensive. I have to use the ones that have the three poppers on both sides because I have very little use in my legs so find it easy to put them on. I use over NHS supplied Attends M8 and M9 pads. I would recommend them but as we all know nothing is leak proof and have had leakage but only at night or when I have left changing until to late.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:29 pm 
Admin

The only style of their pants I have used is the 1218, and I believe for my 32 waist, I ordered a size 42, which fit well, had enough movement room, but the vinyl did not last more then 4 months, one tear and they are Ka-put... not worth the money to me, I use the Gabby's ones I bought, and they are over 2 years old and going strong, I do like the look of the Gary PUL pants, but no one carries in Canada that I have found, would like to try them though,they look comfy! :) Puffy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:56 am 

Puffy, go to eBay and look for the Garywear PUL and you will find some there. I use those with my cloth diapers and love them. IMO they are 1000 times better the the plastic ones.