www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:04 pm 

Up until now, i have relied on disposable for nighttime use (Molicare super plus and Abena X-plus) but they just don't offer enough protection for a sidesleeper like me, combine that with heavy flooding and you have dayli laundry to do when washing sheets.

I have looked at cloth diapers from Babykin
http://www.babykins.com/store/adult-clo ... t-11500b1/

and

http://www.babykins.com/store/adult-clo ... th-diaper/

From what I have read in the forums from other users, hoop and loop (Velcro) are the way to go...since you can get a snug fit.
I'm new to cloth and before going to commit to buy any, I would like to know if others have any experience with the listed cloth diapers? or have suggestions - my only demand is they have to be reliable and easy to put on.

Also I looked at the http://www.babykins.com/store/terry-lin ... inyl-pant/
to use with a disposable and thereby maybe preventing leaks in the side.

I live in Europe so the company must have international shipping as an option.

looking forward hearing from you

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:55 am 

You are considering very good cloth diapers, as far as I am concerned!

Kins (aka Babykins) is in Canada and hopefully will ship internationally but man, that's going to add to your cost :cry:

You can e-mail them at <taurus@telus.net>

I totally agree the velcro on diaper #10500 is the way to go. It is as easy to put on as any disposable diaper! And the Velcro will stand up to washing for a long time; just be sure to always fasten the Vecro tabs to the "keeper" spots.

The best plastic pants are the #20300V and an option for "no wick" at the leg or waist bands is the #50300V encased elastic leg and waist bands. Comfort is a very personal thing and I can say the Lycra leg and waist elastics of the #20300 are comfortable for me, and I suspect for most. However the encased elastics of the #50300v sometimes irritate me, even if I powder them well. They do a great job of keeping the bed dry tho, even when I soak the night diaper.

You have said you wet heavily at night so ..... I would suggest you start off with boosting the #10500 Velcro on diaper. The least expensive boosters will be cloth baby diapers if you can find them. Two or three folded and slung into the velcro on diaper should do the trick. If you can not find baby diapers (they have all but disappeared) then consider towels, like a hand towel, as long as it is 100% cotton, it will be a good booster. It will probably be terry cloth, which is bulky but that won't matter for a night diaper. As a last resort, the high cost option is to buy the Kins "doublers" and pay the overseas shipping costs..... <sigh> Hopefully the towel idea will work out.... that you can find a hand towel that will fold readily into a booster to sling into the velcro on diaper.

Good luck!
JoeK

I do NOT recommend any lined waterproof pants, or any "all in ones" for that matter. Some folks just have to have them for convenience ..... or so they say. I say the laundering is a pain when the waterproof (vinyl or anything else) part is attached to the absorbing part. Kins does address this issue by not attaching the legs. The plastic pant and the terry pant are attached only at the waist which lets you turn them out for laundering and drying. Still, I much prefer a separate terry pull on pant followed by a separate pair of plastic pull on pants to beef up a disposable diaper for side sleeping. But that is just my opinion for what it's worth!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:32 am 

Leaking and wetting the bed sometimes happens but our bed is well protected and I sleep on a Kylie so it isn't to much of a problem. Only rarely do I wet enoughthat I have to change the kyie or bottom sheet during the night. I sleep in Tena pads and net fixing pants. I use Tena Super or Maxi which keep leaks to a minimum. The Tena Plus are not absobant enough for me to rely on all the time. I saw the continence nurse yesterday and because my night time wetting and day time dribbling and occasional wetting hasn't improved since seeing her last about 6 months ago I am now officially diagnosed as being incontinent and able to recieve a supply of pads through the NHS. This will save me trawling Ebay looking for bargains.
It felt a little strange being told I ws officially classed as being incontinent at 50 years old. I knew this already of course but being told by a rather nice nurse in her 30's who obviously so no shame or embarrasment in the condition .
I only wish that when I was a child and throughout my teens and into my early 20's when I was a chronic bedwetter there had been more understanding of the problem.
The "Oh he'll grow out of it" standard replay from the Doctors and our District nurse was of little help. And as for practical help it was vertually non existant.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:57 pm 

I use a heavy duty disposable over night combined with cloth (terry towelling) pants and plastic pants over the top, sometimes this helps with when I sleep on my side but also helps with when my nappy leaks because I have flooded it.
Easier to wash the cloth pants than full cloth nappies, and they don't need washing every night.