www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: male pullups
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:37 am 

Maybe I need to just sign off here but .. To remove the pullups you just rip them down the sides (or use a pair of small scissors to just cut them at the sides) and off they come .. no need to do anything other than 'get to them' and you have to 'get to' a pad don't you. Anyway .. the Pullups are NOT FOR EVERYONE all the time. I just have found the new breed to be far better than those of a few years ago and they DO have a time and a place for me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:06 am 

Tewi wrote:
Maybe I need to just sign off here but .. To remove the pullups you just rip them down the sides (or use a pair of small scissors to just cut them at the sides) and off they come .. no need to do anything other than 'get to them' and you have to 'get to' a pad don't you. Anyway .. the Pullups are NOT FOR EVERYONE all the time. I just have found the new breed to be far better than those of a few years ago and they DO have a time and a place for me.

Tewi, I don't think you need to sign off for a bit. True it is easier to take off a pull up than a tape on diaper. However to put a new pull up on, one would essentially need to take of any other clothing they have on from the waist down to get a new pull up on. Where as with a tape on diaper one would not need to get to that level of undress.

This is exactly why there are so many different products. What works for one may not work so well for another and so on. We all have different control levels and different anatomy making it our own personal challenge to find what works best for us. I think here we are merely expressing what we find that does work for us and hoping to help others find what will work for them. Please do not give up. We, and those that follow, need your input. In some way, you may help another find what works best for them by making your suggestions of what works best for you. And thank you so much for your input and support to those of us here who need it.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:19 am 

I recall from another forum a person who put on more than one pull-up and removed the used one during that day by tearing down the sides, leaving a new on already in place. one might start bulky but it would save the job of undressing to install a new pant each time a change is needed.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:43 am 

While I prefer taped diapers, please note that the Abena Abriflex pull-up holds 37 ounces - better than many inexpensive taped diapers. When worn with a small Northshore booster pad (15 oz) it may last for you long enough to preclude a change while away from home.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:36 pm 

Resurrecting an old thread: I recently tried that very combination (using the current Abri-flex) and found that it worked very well. It's a combo that I can trust when away from home for a long spell.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:18 am 

I've often used an Abena Abri-Flex (or a Molicare Mobile) with a Male Guard pad and it's a great combo. It's also very easy to carry a few extra pads and then just change them out as needed. In addition I usually add a granny panty over it all to keep things snug. At night I use a heavy folded cotton cloth booster instead of the pad and a PUL diaper cover. I find this method especially space efficient and have used it many times when on travel.