www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sacroiliac Joint ?????
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:35 am 

Has anyone had a cyst in the sacroiliac joint? If so, please tell me about it. My primary doc seems to think I have a cyst in my left sacroliac joint so I'm waiting for the insurance company to approve the MRI to find out why I have a lump and pain in this joint. Any advise?

Post subject: MRI
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:55 am 

Over the years I've had a lot of different tests done including xrays, and CT scans, but I never had an MRI done until last Tuesday. For those that have never had an MRI be ready to hear a lound noise if you have this test done. The MRI machine makes a LOT of noise while it takes the images. Most cars make less noise than this machine. I now understand why you are given ear plugs to use during the test......you need them. :shock:

I had the spinal MRI done on Tuesday, and will have another MRI done today for the sacroiliac joints aka SI joints. It will be interesting to how much more information these MRI's will give the doc's compared to the CT scans I've had done. :?:

John

Post subject: SI Joint
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:51 pm 

Hi Johnstone---

Just a note to say---"Good Luck"---hope some kind of results (info) are forthcoming for you.

Gimwet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:58 am 

Gimwet,

Thanks for the thought.

Until a few weeks ago, I had no idea what, or where my SI joints were located......never heard of them before. I received the results yesterday from the MRI that was done on my spine last Tuesday. In short, there was not much new there that I didn't already know. The test results I really want to know about is from the MRI that was done yesterday on my SI joints. For months, I've had increase pain in my lower back on the left side. This is where the left SI joint is located and after a while it became obvious this was where the pain was coming from. :cry:

The spinal MRI that was done on last Tuesday showed exactly what I thought it would show...... L4/L5, & S1 are slowly deteriorating. In addition to my existing spinal issues, I now have "mild bulging annulus at L5-S1". :cry:

I became incontinent in 1986 from a spinal injury at L4/L5. I had a discectomy following the injury and that relieved pressure from the nerve so I was able to walk again. The damage to the nerve is what caused my incontinence. Over time, I developed degenerative disc disease which just added to the already exising spinal issues and eventually caused me to lose most of my bowel control so now I'm both bladder and bowel incontinent. :oops:

The pain that I've been getting from my left SI joint became noticeable about 6 months ago. Over the last 6 months, the pain has increased with movement of that joint. The issue of the my left SI joint is a new chapter to my back issues. As far as I know, the SI joint has nothing to do with your spine but it sure can cause pain in your lower back. With any luck, I will have the results SI joint MRI this coming Tuesday, or Wednesday. Wait and see........ :?:

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:59 am 

Hey John.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean about the noise from an MRI machine, having had at least 7 or 8 of them myself. I've lost count now.
But I hope the docs can give you a definitive answer as to what is wrong. I can completely empathize with you on the back and leg pain. I'm going through the exact same thing right now. My CT scan shows a fracture at the L5/S1 joint, but mine was fused back in '03, so I've got a fractured fusion that is going to need surgery to fix, and more hardware too.
Oh what fun it is!!!

I wish you only the best, and God Bless.

Rick