Switch to full style
Post a reply

Medtronic Estem

Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:16 am

I was wondering if anybody has had one of these units put in??

Re: Medtronic Estem

Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:27 pm

No, but looking online it is an incredibly similar system as their interstim. The only major difference being it is used to bowels instead or urinary. Given their similarity, I wonder if it will have the same 40% success rate as interstim does. It looks too new at this point and hasn't been tested on enough people to say one way or the other though.

Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:01 pm

The nerves that feed the sphincters front and back comes in at S_1 The Interstem is put on the nerves that feed both sides, it helps with bowel problems too. I have nerve problems with my anal sphincter too. My trial went well. I didn't leak and I put out a lot of urine. I was pleased. I am having it implanted Jan 9 . so I won't need diapers or anything else. That will be nice!!

Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:04 pm

Dan,
I have one for pain and now use it for both. I have to full on board recharge and remote control.

Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:58 am

Thank you for letting me know My trial went real well, and I'm encouraged!! I have a remote control with my trial unit .I would up it every day. It worked well. I started putting out 300ml., then 400, then 500ml. I was going every 2-3 hours instead of every hour like I'm doing now at work. when I sleep I'm diapered.

Jan 9 is the day. I go to SIU School of Urology I am in excellent hands. There Head of Urology did my Prostate cancer operation. He was from Northwestern. He did the DaVinci robotic operation on me

My PSA IS >.001 it was 6-7 When he did the digital exam he felt the lump. I said get it out now. They did take the nerve too. Oh well better that instead of dying from prostate cancer.

I hope all goes well with you. Keep me posted!!!

Diaper dan
Post a reply