www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fire Down Below
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:04 pm 

I am looking for advise or help[ dealing with jock itch. I thought at first that I had a bad diaper rash. However a quick search on Google confirmed the latter. I am currently using Lotrimin Ultra. It is supposed to be prescription strength. It has been two days since I started using it. So far only limited relief.

I understand normally this rash could be over in as little time as a week, but I am sure it will be no easy task due to the fact that I spend all of my time in wet diapers. I used to have some cloth diapers on hand for just this occasion but they were all worn out when I switched to disposable diapers exclusively.

I would love to just sleep on top of the sheets for a couple of nights without wearing a diaper but that would be impossible and I doubt my wife would appreciate a wet bed. Any advise?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:14 am 

It's been a long time since I've delt with that problem. Once I started eating right those problems became more or less a thing of the past :wink:
But one thought would be to lay back if you can sometime during the day and just undo your diaper and get some air down there. I use to put a pad down in the lazy boy undo my diaper and lay back and relax. Granted it's best to do this when your alone :shock: But if you can get some air down there and keep it dry even just for 30 min. may help.................Sandy :)

Post subject: Jock Itch
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:57 am 

I'm with Sandy's advise.
You need to get some free air movement down there. I think you're using the right medicine, and it should take care off it.
Getting some air to help the medicine will be a great help! .....Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:36 pm 

Airing out time is very important. I try to spend at least a half-hour a day diaper free. Just put a pad down and relax in a chair... or sit on the toilet and read a book/magazine for a bit. Getting airflow to the affected area is a very important step in healing and maintaining proper skin health.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:54 am 

I must admit that 'jock itch' was the bain of my life for the first two or three years of being incontinent. i tried everything to get rid of it, it used to be madening!
though, i did find the cause after trying everything, someone suggested trying a different brand of diaper, i was using 'tena' all in one briefs at the time, they were the only kind that i could find in the chemists in ireland.. but the person who suggested the change in brand was good enough to recomend a different company called humancare in dublin who manufactured diapers, so i placed an order, and guess what?.. after a week and half of using different diapers, jock itch was a thing of past! weird or what..

Mike