www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Medication side effects
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:47 pm 

I've had more problems with sinus infections this winter than ever before. My doctor had me use Mucinex D to clear the mucus in my system.
I have to say it did work, but one really bad side effect I had was really foul smelling urine. This might not effect disposable users as bad, but I wear cloth at night and it made my plastic pants smell so bad I have to wash them in my washer to completely get the odor out.(I usually only have to rinse my plastic pants in the shower each morning.)
Has anybody else had a similar problem with this med or something simalar? ......Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:40 am 

Paul,

I don't recall ever having a med that caused that problem. If you continue to use that med you might want to try using Nullo for a while. Worth a try. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:30 pm 

Hey Paul if you want to knock that mucus out of you without any long term side effects Try cayenne pepper. We use it all the time for that. I'd never take the stuff your taking go natural don't got by way of the doctors! :roll:
Go to your local natural food store and buy the cayenne there. you don't want the stuff from the regular stores that stuff is second rate trash. Take about a table spoonful and but it in a sandwich baggy shake it up to create a dust in the bag with your nose take a sniff of the dust. Try to hold back the sneeze so you let it work. so when you do sneeze you will explode. so have paper towel ready kleenex won't be able to handle the first load :shock: If you really want to clean yourself out take a deep breath with a somewhat clear noes and get it down in your lungs. It's a little nasty but it will clean the trash out of your lungs as well. After while you get use to it. My husband uses it like snuff. He takes a pinch puts it on the back of his hand sticks his nose in it and takes a short quick hard sniff. One note when doing this NEVER use the back of your hand to wipe your eyes in the event that they tear up :lol: OUCH!! P.S If you do get it in your eyes make sure your wife is there to laugh at you :lol: (I've always enjoyed it)..............Sandy :)