www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:10 pm 

Thanks Sandy and all for the info.I try to drink alot of cranberry juice when it feels like one comming on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:12 pm 

Thanks Sandy and all for the info.I try to drink alot of cranberry juice when it feels like one comming on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:55 pm 

Hi all went to the uro dr. last week and they did a ultrasound on my bladder,it wasn't emptying which was causing the uti's.The dr gave me scrip for pills to relax muscles so far good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:08 pm 

Ah... glad you got things working down there again Ron. Urinary retention is definately not something enjoyable to have to deal with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:57 pm 

Hi all well after about 8wks on the med uroxatral no uti's but the incontinence is unchanged was hoping might help but with bph just live with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:34 am 

I've had several of them since I've begun to wear diapers, most of them were from when I was self cathing, like someone else had mentioned. Unfortunately for me, I can't feel when I have one, until I get a fever and feel like crap. By then it's pretty bad. but my urologist and primary care doc both have prescribed cipromax for it, (I think that's how it's spelled), and that usually knocks it out in a week or so. There was one time though that the cipro couldn't get rid of it and they had to give me a different antibiotic, but I don't recall the name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:55 pm 

Hi Ricky my uro dr. has me on cipro also but sometimes it takes longer to cure the uti my main problem is bph with urge incontinence so diapers are required at night and sometimes during the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:13 pm 

I've only had a few UTIs over the years since I don't have retention. I have enough health issues beside have that too. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:59 pm 

Hi all well a couple wks. ago seems like another uti but had more pain the dr. said it was prostatitis so on antibotics for a month the pain goes up and down and the wetting is really bad especially at nite.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:16 pm 

Unfortunately I believe I've got the beginnings of either a bladder infection or UTI. Haven't had one in quite some time. Noticed some discoloration yesterday and some discomfort this morning so I'd best get to the doctor before it gets out of hand. It is never fun dealing with an infection. I'm thinking it is a bladder infection as there is no pain such as I get with a UTI. Instead it is more of a feeling of discomfort. I have little to no feeling of my bladder which would explain the lack of any burning sensation.