www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Symptoms worsening
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:17 am 

Lately my bladder has been a real pain.
Burning sensations, prickling, pain, waking me up at night. Had a cystoscopy a few weeks back, nothing found. The docs put me on anti-inflammatory medication to treat "possibly chronic prostatitis". Kidneys also bother me on a daily basis. This is frustrating. During the cystoscopy, some fluid was pumped into my bladder. I almost instantly felt a strong urge to urinate, which, regarding my other symptoms, makes prostatitis likely. However, this far the anti-inflammatory medication has had no effect whatsoever. My symptoms may also have something to do with the nerves of the bladder and the urinary system.

Thirst is persistent, even waking me up during the night. However, there's no family history of diabetes Type-1 and I certainly do not have Type-2 (I'm of helathy build, eat healthily and excercise regularly). Other symptoms are also absent (fatigue etc.). I'm not even sure if thirst has anything to do with my bladder symptoms

Otherwise, however, things go pretty well.

Post subject: Re: Symptoms worsening
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:18 pm 

I'm sure you have your doctors scratching their heads. However, diabetes is not something an amateur should diagnose. If you haven't had a blood test yet, get one. Your symptoms read as though they might be neurogenic, but get competent advice, rather than mine. Good luck and keep us informed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:17 pm 

Yeah. It's probably a combination of physiological issues and stress which is now pretty high. A stageplay premiere coming up next week and a lot of municipal elections related work to do. My rhythm is hectic at the moment and it probably contributes.

BTW, the prevalent thirst has passed now that I missed two days of the medication due to forgetting the pills home for a visit to another town. So, thirst is likely a side-effect, not necessarily a symptom. But I'll follow the situation.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:30 pm 

Update.

For the past two days my bladder has been hurting more than usual, especially during and after urination. It feels like pincers took a slowly tightening hold of the lining of my bladder and gave it a good squeeze. The pain is close to the beginning of the urethra inside the bladder. And it is driving me nuts. :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:33 am 

This sounds a lot like my usual urge incontinence. It's hard to describe, but I get these bladder spasm that feels like my bladder is bursting full and actively emptying at the same time (when neither is the case). It's random and can occur when I'm full and do need to pee, right after I've peed, or any other time too.

From what I've found online, and been diagnosed with by my doctor, the closest diagnosis I have for it is bladder sphincter dyssenergya combined with urge incontinence (and I also have/had detrusor sphincter dyssenergya too). Basically this is where I get an urge to as my bladder contracts, but my internal sphincter doesn't automatically open like it's supposed to (you have no conscious control over this sphincter).

The ONLY relief I've ever gotten from this is when I'm catheterized and don't allow my bladder to fill up at all. I've gone through SIX urinary sphincterotomies to achieve this end, but have not gotten there yet. In fact, I have a seventh surgery coming up this thursday.

Bring this up to your urologist the next time you see him/her. IF this is what you have, you definitely have my sympathies.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:51 pm 

I've been better lately, which is nice. However, the pains and odd sensations haven't really disappeared despite the medication. Oxybutynin helps when I have to go on stage (and protection is not an option on stage -it would show), even though it also gives that nasty groggy feeling and unpleasant taste to the back of the mouth.

Positive is, though, that I think my bladder capacity has increased lately. I've trained and it has apparently helped. Still, my bladder and kidneys aren't too well. I'm pretty sure I will be sent for urodynamic testing the coming spring.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:10 pm 

Keep us informed about your upcoming urodynamics tests. I hope they will give your doctor the information needed to solve this for you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:05 am 

Überaktive wrote:
I've been better lately, which is nice. However, the pains and odd sensations haven't really disappeared despite the medication. Oxybutynin helps when I have to go on stage (and protection is not an option on stage -it would show), even though it also gives that nasty groggy feeling and unpleasant taste to the back of the mouth.

Positive is, though, that I think my bladder capacity has increased lately. I've trained and it has apparently helped. Still, my bladder and kidneys aren't too well. I'm pretty sure I will be sent for urodynamic testing the coming spring.

May I suggest you use depends real fit, or a similar pullup. Those things really are absolutely unnoticeable. They won't help for a full bladder release, bit they will help with any close calls.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:45 pm 

Just to answer, after all this time. Been better, spring was horror and now that weather's starting to get cold, I have had symptoms again. Summer was pretty cold and with plenty of rain, so I had to be careful to keep warm. Cystoscopy gave no results. Kidneys bother me from time to time, but overall it seems my bladder's better than it was a few months back.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:12 am 

I was glad to read that your situation is improving.