Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Symptoms worsening
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:53 am 

Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:59 pm 

Dammit. I was better during summer, but now I have experienced more kidney pains and noticed I am not able to completely empty my bladder. Oftentimes, even after urinating quite an amount, it takes a minute or two for the urge to return. In situations such as these I quite often end up wetting my diaper -and the quantities are often not very small either. This is weird: there's no pain when voiding nor have I increased my fluid intake but there seems to be "extra stuff" inside the bladder. Last time I was chekcer, there were no abnormalities found. The docs suspect a prostatitis chronica, but as I've noted earlier, I've struggled with bladder and kidney problems all my life.

I've now taken to wearing heavier protection. Mostly Tena, but would like to use Attends. Unfortunately they are hard to find on an affordable price. They are pleasantly plain and unnoticeable.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:41 pm 
Admin

I’m sorry if I missed it, but have you had a urodynamics or bladder ultrasound? They can measure flow, output, pressure, rate, volume, etc. Such tests can help determine if you’re emptying your bladder completely or if there is an obstruction like a urethral stricture. I’ve had two urodynamics and two cystourethroscopies along with ultrasounds. They have been very helpful in ruling out what-ifs. My urologist also performs urinalysis and blood work to check kidney functions. I take a lot of heavy medications that affect my kidneys and could potentially cause diabetes. My doctors have to check my blood work every three months to evaluate blood levels for potential toxicity. Too much and I could end up in renal failure. My urologist is key.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:40 pm 

Hi! You missed nothing. :)

I've had cystoscopy and CT & ultrasound of the bladder, kidneys and ureters. Urodynamic testing has not been committed as of yet. They've found no anomalies except for a very minor and insignificant widening on one of the kidney basins that should have no effect on the function of the bladder and kidneys. It might be the result of a childhood illness. I do not have any symptoms or signs of kidney disease/failure, all values are normal and overall I'm a very healthy individual with very little other health issues besides the incontinence and kidney stones. A mystery at our hands...