Switch to full style
Post a reply

time to vent again...

Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:00 pm

Please forgive this note.

In addition to a brain injury, I also have a brain tumor, a meningioma, at the top and in the middle of my brain. I've known about it for years; but, because it is not cancerous and wasn't causing any problems, I simply got on with living. Recently I've been having serious headaches, for which my ENT doctor prescribed a strong anti-histamine and nose drops. They work pretty much as intended, but not completely. I still have some rather severe headaches from time to time, and some of them are different from sinus headaches. Which makes me suspect that I may need brain surgery in the future. If my symptoms warrant treatment, I may be absent from the site for a while. Or, if my surgeon uses a gamma knife, I could have it done as an outpatient.

Thanks for letting me vent. I really need my friends on this site.

Re: time to vent again...

Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:14 pm

Patrick, I'm sorry that you're dealing with pain and problems. Of course I wish you the very best always. Keep us posted.

Wetters

Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:22 pm

Wetters, thanks. Sometimes I feel like I'm a hypochondriac, but my neurologist insists it's all real. Again, thanks.

Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:45 pm

You seem very recollected and calm, Patrick. Please vent anytime. I will pray for continued peace and healing.

Pax,
Noe

Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:08 am

Patrick,
My heart goes out to you, I myself suffer from migraine headaches, do to the medication I'm on now I don't get them as often as I once did. Where all here to help, so just yell if you must.

Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:17 am

Patrick, so sorry to read about your woes. :(

Please feel free to vent. That is what we are here for and we all need to do the same from time to time.

--John

Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:56 pm

Patrick, I'm sorry to hear of your health issues. We are here for you.

Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:54 pm

Well I hope you get through it all ok. And if you doc does go for the radiation then I'd recommend the buzz cut or later high-and-tight.

Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:24 pm

Brian,

The radiation did leave me bald once, and it promises to again. What scares me is that the gamma knife is also radiation, which may have caused this in the first place, but I do not want anybody drilling into my skull. Decisions, decisions...

Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:27 am

Patrick, darn I feel for you. Drilling into my skull wouldn't be a decision for me though. The answer would always be
no way unless I absolutely will die if it doesn't happen. Drill or radiation, I hope you get through it with ease.
Post a reply