www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:14 pm 

Gamma knife is a super focal technology. Seems like your old doctor just nuked your whole head.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:41 pm 

Yeah, that's exactly what he did. Thanks everybody for your support. Times such as this, I need it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:31 am 

You take care mate.

4wheeldave.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 10:49 am 

Our recent discussion of AB/DL folk has me in a Chinese quandary. Last week my gastroenterologist's nurse practitioner called me, and, in the gentlest possible tones, told me that the way I was managing my stomach paralysis could kill me. That got my attention, for sure. I was proud of how well I was managing, that I was minimizing my weight loss, and eating most of the food my family and friends ate. However, to do that, I was overdosing on erythromycin, which could lead to a C Diff infection, which is nearly always fatal. That's what killed my mother-in-law, who was more of a mother to me than my biological mother. In order to reduce my dependence on erythromycin, periodically I must go on a liquid/low residue diet, (Boost, Ensure, and electrolyte beverages and baby food), which I cordially hate. Which is where the AB/DL lifestyle enters the picture. There is no way I could enjoy living on infant food, including the adult form of formula, which is what is being forced on me. AB/DL? Over my dead body.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:00 pm 

Instead of your dead body, and not AB/DL. The latter is a lifestyle choice, your medical necessity is not. Patrick, I'm happy to know that your medical team is paying attention. The bright side: the liquid/low-residue diet is an intermittent scenario.

W.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 1:52 pm 

I agree with Wetters, and can certainly say that what is being forced onto you is NOT even remotely ABDL (which I will not talk about on the open forums as I have been asked).

What you have is a very unfortunate set of circumstances that I am sorry to hear about. Vent away, and I hope your body will adjust to your new diet quickly while also staying alive and health.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:58 pm 

Hooray!

Eight days ago the nurse practitioner called me and gave me a chewing-out. She said that I was taking so much erythromycin that I was making myself vulnerable to a c diff infection, that I should go on a liquid diet immediately, and stay on it until instructed otherwise. Earlier today I had an appointment with my local family physician, who told me that the nurse practitioner did not know what she was talking about. She showed me a multi-page readout on erythromycin; nowhere did it say that a c diff infection was possible. She told me that I was managing my gastroparesis far better than that nurse knew, and I should keep up the good work.

Thanks for your support. It means more than you know.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:48 am 

That's great news! Now at least you won't have to worry about a liquid diet or its "rear" effects.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:04 pm 

Liquid diets really suck.
I have had to go on a liquid diet for colonoscopy and that wasn't fun at all

But the occasional liquid diet cleanse is nowhere as bad as the prep work for colonoscopies and such.

I am glad for you Patrick that you can enjoy some good food though. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:27 pm 

Thanks everybody. Periodically I still adopt a low-residue diet; however, I use it for the minimal number of days. The Golitely prep for a colonoscopy is similar to the low-residue diet.