www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:32 am 

Right on, PuddleGuy!

I've got to agree totally with you! I've been preaching that philosophy for a long time and still, people worry that "everone" will see that they are wearing a diaper under their pants.

I wear cloth diapers and I don't even worry about their bulkiness showing! When I occasionally wear a disposable, it is an Abena X-Plus (now the M4) and it really disappears under pants or shorts.

It is hard to assure people that others really can't tell....and as you point out, aren't even looking! But it remains a big hurdle to get over on your way back to a normal life once you find yourself stuck with diapers.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:23 pm 

PuddleGuy wrote:
To your average person the idea of someone between the ages of 5 and 85 wearing a diaper is so out in left field the thought never even occurs. The ONLY people that will notice what you are wearing are other diaper wearers.

SOOOOO true. its the hide in plain sight theory.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:17 pm 

I have been wearing diapers for a couple of months now and one of my biggest fear is others noticing what I wear. Reading the comments here have helped a bit with my fears so thank you. I must admit I have changed to wearing dark coloured shorts, jeans and Chinos to cover up what I am wearing. At night it was suggested that I wear a bodysuit/onesie to keep the diaper in place to reduce leaks and to help with absorption and so far this has worked.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:40 pm 

I am a guy I have always lived in a Jeans and t-shirts/casual shirts, but jeans are generally, in my experience too tight to wear over the heavy duty pads I wear, rather than wear larger waist jeans which just come up too bulky round the waist, and not wanting to change my preferred style of dress and my whole wardrobe, on advice, I simply wear ladies jeans, loose fitting ones, which are bigger round the but! They work well for me as ladies jeans look very much like mens jeans! Well unless you buy the ones with pretty sequins etc!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:55 pm 

So far I just had to get jeans with a little extra room, which my wife says is enough as she can't tell.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:38 pm 

I am in agreement with Porkchop. I wear a ConfiDry 24/7 with a booster with jeans and you cannot tell. Of course, my wife, knowing exactly how my clothes should fit would notice a little extra fullness, but no one else would notice (or care).

--John

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:01 pm 

In addition to wearing pants that were a size larger, during my surgeries, when I needed home health assistance because my wife was teaching, I wore nightshirts, because they fit better over my bedtime protection, and made the work of my caregivers easier. I still wear nightshirts instead of pjs.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:49 pm 

The changes you guys made are pretty informative. I didn't have to change my clothes much, since I only switched to wearing guards. (Trying pullups now though.) I only really had to switch from wearing boxers to briefs, which I haven't worn since I was a kid. I found the guards didn't work well with the boxers at all.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:52 pm 

I tend to wear baggy pants anyway.
I usually wear a pair of boxer briefs over my confidry which covers (almost) everything.
And I've always carried a backpack so people don't notice anything different about that.
I do notice that I tend to wear longer shirts now "just in case"
Always afraid my shirt is gonna ride up and the undies are gonna ride down but so far I think (at least people haven't pointed it out) that hasn't happened.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:39 pm 

justej wrote:
I tend to wear baggy pants anyway.
I usually wear a pair of boxer briefs over my confidry which covers (almost) everything.
And I've always carried a backpack so people don't notice anything different about that.
I do notice that I tend to wear longer shirts now "just in case"
Always afraid my shirt is gonna ride up and the undies are gonna ride down but so far I think (at least people haven't pointed it out) that hasn't happened.

I tend to do that too, I'm pretty self conscious of my weight so I pretend it's hidden under baggy clothes. Now that I've accepted my health wont improve because I wish it so, I'm starting walking for exercise. I got passed by a turtle yesterday, but every step is one closer to health so I just smile and wave! :)

Marcus Aurelius

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next