www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:23 am 

For those that wear protection, I know that this subject came up before in a thread. Things are intensifying and people are starting to resist:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=227005

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:31 am 

I read this article with interest. I think the authorities are caught between a rock and a hard place myself. With terrorist resorting to all kinds of underhand schemes to blow up planes, even a few years ago, 2004 i think, where the guy who had a 'viable' device in his shoe and was in the process of trying to ignite it when someone tackled him. so i do understand the need for increased security and essentially walking through metal detectors doesnt hack it anymore..

I could even see it, as horrific as it may sound, some extremist having their little child strapped to the hilt with explosives to blow up a plane.. and that is an horrific image and i shudder at the image.

so where do the authorities stop? when the plane blows up or is taken in a hijacking and flown into buidings killing thousands of innocents they are accussed of 'not doing their jobs', however when they take overly extreme action, like what seems to be the case, they are accusssed of invading a persons personal space.

personally, i would take the invasion of personal space to know that i am going to arrive at my desitination safely and in one piece.

of course, i do know what we all worry about in these cases, that our health issues will be exposed to the world.

i went to florida to visit friends in 2004, i live in ireland, so i had to pass through two sets of airport security, i went through the detector device in england, and the carry on bag, with four nappies, cream,wipes and assorted meds went through the scanner, the team on the monitor huddled there for a few minutes and when it came out the other side i was asked to open the bag, i was embarressed but i did it, i just said i have a lot of health difficulties, they saw the diapers and all the stuff in there.. but they said off you go. that happened in heathrow, and also i was asked to remove my shoes by a huge! security guard, i said no problem sir, but you are going to have to tie my shoes again, i said because i have no feelings in my hands and the fine motor skills are gone,he checked my shoes and tied them up for me again.
this happened twice heathrow and when i went through security in miami.

when i picked my large case,i saw the lock i had on it had been cut off, and it had a 'security' tag on it saying that security had opened it. i didnt mind, the only thing i had in it was fifty nappies for my fifteen day stay, though i bet the case set off alarms!

but i think, people are going to get annoyied either way, too much security and then plane goes down under tragic circumstances and brings so many lives to a unfortunate and tragic end, not enough security!

people are people, and they are seldom happy, no matter if they are getting exactley what they want or not.

Mike