www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Almost a year.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:02 pm 

May 18th is my one year of dealing with this 24/7.
How has incontinence changed my life?
Every day is a struggle.
I do not even tell my mother the whole truth about how bad it has been going.
Only my nanny knows because I talk to and go grocery shopping with her so often. The biggest thing is that if I have anything to do or a doctor’s visit I will not eat until I get home. That is because once I do everything goes south. Once I eat the diarrhea starts and there is very little control. I have learned a lot but truly I am still in the phase where accepting this is very hard.
I do not get out and do the things that I love doing. Every day I am in pain and there is nothing I can do about it.

How has incontinence changed my relationships?
Well, truly I was just starting to get out and see family, and then covid hit last year along with this getting worse. So, my relationships have suffered. I do not have any friends and the only person I see regularly is my nanny and my physical therapist.

How has incontinence affected my budget?
Well, I am on disability (Through insurance I had from my past job) so my budget is already very tight. That being said I have done okay but have to plan out when I buy what I need.

Other than all of this, Incontinence has made me very much a shut-in. I am trying to change that. One thing is that I put on a few pounds since stopping working, so I want to get out and at least walk some. I just got to diaper up and get on with life, and take so many photos.

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!

Post subject: Re: Almost a year.
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:28 am 

With a diaper you can trust incontinence should not change your daily life, I wear Betterdry diapers with pants one size up and a plain coloured onesie to help hide the diaper its been 6 years and other then swimming my life has not changed.

Being open and honest with your family and close friends helps with the acceptance and dealing with needing to wear as once your family knows you have a medical need theres no need to worry about them noticing your diapered It really helps keep the stress level down.

When your out and about no one will notice your wearing a diaper if your dressed properly and you do mot show worry or freeze when you start to pee you will get to the point you won’t react your peeing while in public when your wearing a diaper you can trust.

Try to relax and accept your need and head out in public more often as the more you wear the quicker you will realize no one is noticing your diapered

and remember we are all here to help and support each other

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:55 pm 

RobertH wrote:
With a diaper you can trust incontinence should not change your daily life, I wear Betterdry diapers with pants one size up and a plain coloured onesie to help hide the diaper its been 6 years and other then swimming my life has not changed.

Being open and honest with your family and close friends helps with the acceptance and dealing with needing to wear as once your family knows you have a medical need theres no need to worry about them noticing your diapered It really helps keep the stress level down.

When your out and about no one will notice your wearing a diaper if your dressed properly and you do mot show worry or freeze when you start to pee you will get to the point you won’t react your peeing while in public when your wearing a diaper you can trust.

Try to relax and accept your need and head out in public more often as the more you wear the quicker you will realize no one is noticing your diapered

and remember we are all here to help and support each other

Robert H.

My big issue is that I deal with both bowel and bladder issues and I have been getting by with just an Abena Pull-up and home and when going out before I eat anything. I need to put some money into a few sets of pants that will hide better as what I have is stretchy hiking pants that show everything or tight cowboy pants that don't have room for anything. I have one pair of pants that work but that is it. So I think I just need to buy some pants and move up a size.

Take another shot!

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:12 pm 

ThatFLGuy:
I wear one size "too large" Wrangler relaxed fit Cargo shorts and long pants in "Camo" color. The various pockets and camo pattern really hide any evidence of a diaper or even wetness. The looser fit also makes them quite comfortable down here in hot and humid Florida. The various pockets also give me places to store a few Male Guard pads. I've bought mine through WalMart and the price is in the $20 range.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:25 pm 

Padded53 wrote:
ThatFLGuy:
I wear one size "too large" Wrangler relaxed fit Cargo shorts and long pants in "Camo" color. The various pockets and camo pattern really hide any evidence of a diaper or even wetness. The looser fit also makes them quite comfortable down here in hot and humid Florida. The various pockets also give me places to store a few Male Guard pads. I've bought mine through WalMart and the price is in the $20 range.

I have two pairs of wrangler shorts.

My thing is that I am jeans and t-shirt type of guy but nothing fits under the jeans that I have so tomorrow I am going to hit up Walmart (UGG) and see what they have. I have put on some wight so I have to up my size but that means having a lot of room.

Take another shot!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:51 am 

For me, it's been over a quarter now. Because I don't have an overnight problem but have urge IC, I'm ok at home and office as long as I have immediate access to a toilet. Away from home, for shopping etc. requires more absorbent protection.

So I wear a light pull-up for day/office use for accident protection. Sometimes time goes by without any mishaps. This gets me thinking "do I really need to wear this protection at home/office?" It seems like a waste. With summer coming, I get to thinking that it would be nice to just wear underwear again.

But that's when Murphy strikes!

Someone will occupy the bathroom when I get the urge or I'll be on the phone upstairs when suddenly the urge strikes. That's when I am reminded what "accident prevention" is all about.

Anyone else have these doubts from time to time?