www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:01 pm 

i have had relationships end when they were told i had to wear diapers and that my incontinence was profound and included the #2 variety. I have also had relationships continue because it wasnt a big deal for them. this all being said none of my relationships lasted long. even my marriage for several years when i was younger didn't go well with me being cheated on left and right. it took me a while to accept the fact that I was gay and I eventually found a wonderful, sexy, successful, educated sophisticated man who is totally cool with my issues as i call them. he lives in new york and i in Washington state but soon that will be a thing of the past and we visit as much as possible plus talk on skype and phone.

I think its incredibly shallow for any partner especially a woman to end a relationship over diapers or incontinence. i say women because manliness is expected of men. for them, for us its harder to be dependent on diapers and then you add a ridiculing partner who cant handle it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:59 pm 

My incontinence issues started after I was married, so I guess I was lucky to never have to date while diapered. As for wearing diapers around my wife, as long as things are discreet with the kids around she doesn't care. On occasion she changes them for me, which doesn't bother me or her, mostly because we are both so close. It has impacted our love life, as I have to go to the bathroom and clean up before relations. We do this because she has her own issues and is prone to UTIs so why tempt fate. It also means budgeting time for changes becomes a constant concern and budgeting the money for replacement diapers is an issue as well. Hopefully I can get that corrected at the VA soon, it'd help the budget tremendously.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:11 am 

My Wife has been very supportive from the first moment my accidents started, she has no problem with me wearing nothing but my diaper araound the apt this summer. I have been blessed that my family understands and supports my need to wear diapers.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:51 pm 

We have been married for 26 years and my bladder issues have been running on and off for 12 years, in fairness more off than on, this bout of needing nappies has lasted for 6 weeks so far! As for sex, I am pretty much impotent anyway, always had problems in this area, and have always had a very low sex drive, so intercourse has never featured very high on our agenda, my wife generally initiated this, but never will if I am in nappies, for obvious reasons! We are however very intimate in other ways and I seek to give her pleasure in whatever ways I can.
She is a hugely supportive wife and very caring, generally she will insist on me wearing protection as soon as it's needed, over night/during the day, and doesn't mind buying for me and/or helping me with putting them on if needed. She makes light of it without trivialising things. As the expression goes, she's a keeper!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:02 pm 

Having a supportive partner makes all the difference in the world.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:35 pm 

In a weird way I was lucky to become incontinent before I met my (now) wife. When dating I made sure to bring it up somewhat early in our relationship (third or fourth date if I remember correctly). I predicated this news with how serious it was for me and important that I tell here. Then she laughed in my face! I just got up and walked out on here, then avoided her calls for over a week. Eventually I made the mistake of just answering the phone (this was before caller id), and it was her. She quickly said she was sorry and laughed because she was relieve it wasn't a big deal after all. We eventually got back together and eventually got married- 15 years ago to this day.

She is still very supportive of my needing diapers, but every aspect of it us up to me. She won't participate in changing me or even taking my diaper trash out. Actually now that I think about it she doesn't even take the other trash out either. Hey......

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:38 pm 

Baby Brian wrote:
In a weird way I was lucky to become incontinent before I met my (now) wife. When dating I made sure to bring it up somewhat early in our relationship (third or fourth date if I remember correctly). I predicated this news with how serious it was for me and important that I tell here. Then she laughed in my face! I just got up and walked out on here, then avoided her calls for over a week. Eventually I made the mistake of just answering the phone (this was before caller id), and it was her. She quickly said she was sorry and laughed because she was relieve it wasn't a big deal after all. We eventually got back together and eventually got married- 15 years ago to this day.

She is still very supportive of my needing diapers, but every aspect of it us up to me. She won't participate in changing me or even taking my diaper trash out. Actually now that I think about it she doesn't even take the other trash out either. Hey......

Sigh, my wife makes me take out the trash too... maybe it's time for an intervention? A revolution? Nah, who am I kidding....

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:42 am 

yep, I am on trash detail every week also. Even though she knows I have to wear diapers and I have a separate trash can just for them, I prefer I take them out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:41 pm 

batman381327 wrote:
yep, I am on trash detail every week also. Even though she knows I have to wear diapers and I have a separate trash can just for them, I prefer I take them out.

For my wife, it has nothing to do with the diapers. She doesn't really care about that, she's just glad my health has improved from where I was when I was first injured. Her anti-trash orders pre-dated our marriage and my deployment.... :wink: :roll:

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:36 am 

Same, I guess that I'm at least a lucky person in this regard as I have picked a woman, that has been supporting me for ages with my issues. It's not that I have required any special help, that would be extremely bothersome for her, but she didn't make a fuss about it. Whenever I needed something, she was there - and I did the same for her. My double incontinence doesn't really bother her, we learned how to live with those issues - we both did and she did as well. She is not paying any extra attention towards my problem and she is rather easy going about it. I'm very happy, that this is the stance that she took and she still is there right by my side :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next