www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:53 pm 

Have any of you ordered cloth diapers from Loving Comfort? I am interested in their pin on contour diaper. I have tried several prefolds and flat diapers from other sites and just can't get them to fit right. The contour diaper looks like it will work just fine but I am looking for personal reviews first to see if measures up.

Post subject: Loving Confort Diapers
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:49 am 

JRB,
I have used the contour diapers that Living Comfort makes, but I prefer the flat diapers that I get from ACD. Don't get me wrong that they do not make a great diaper, and the contour is well made.
My problem was they are very thick where you pin them and I had a terrible problem with finding a diaper pin that would go through the thickness. I believe they do, though, make the contour diaper with velcro fastners. That would probably help.
ILuvLA has reported they are back in business. I have not ordered anything lately. I have used their pull-on diapers, and they are very good. They are a good company. You may want to contact by phone or e-mail to be sure they are back running. Good Luck!! ..Paul Martin

Post subject: Contour diapers
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:32 am 

KINS offers a prefold #10100C you may want to take a look at. Babykins is a good Canandian company producing quality products and they provide great service, timely shipping.

The contour diaper is two layers of flannel with two additonal layers of terrycloth for soaker material. They also have some elastic, at the back of the leg and the back of the diaper to supposedly enhance the fit. I've no personal experience with this diaper; I use flat prefolds most of the time.

Paul mentions Velcro as a good alternative to pinning. Paul and I have both used, tested and generally liked Velcro on "briefs". Which is really a contour diaper that attaches with Velcro....very convenient to put on. Indisposables is the one we both have used and I also tried the KINS #10500. They are trimmer than a flat prefold and provide 4-6 hours of protection, similar to middle of the line disposable. They can, ofcourse, be stuffed with cloth baby diapers to increase wear time or for overnight when the extra bulk would not be a problem.

Post subject: Cloth diapers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:54 pm 
Admin

I am just trying cloth for the first time in 15 years, I figure the landfill mst have a considerable bunch of garbage because of me that I can avoid, and it is going to be cost effective in the long run for sure, just a bit expensive to get changed over to. I do regular laundry anyhow, about every 2 days, so what is the big deal? I don't think a flat would work for me, as I tend to toss and turn in my sleep, and the pull on seems like it would be very comfortable with a good fit and coverpant. More important to me is my self esteem, as using a disposable at night is a bit of a low point to have to get through and I have a hard enough time with all the medical stuff to keep smiling, ya know? I found after two nights in the cloth, it is not so much of a "bumer" to get ready for bed and climb into a cloth unit, in the long run I think my view of myself will improve wearing a cloth compared to disposable.

I ordered thru Gabby's, and missed an earlier post in another section that they tended to be on the big side. I found that out this weekend, as the Mediums are rather loose on me, with a couple of stuffers/liners & tighter underwear over top helps with that a bit. Overall a very well made unit, plenty of absorbancy if you are not a late night partaker of beverages,(which I am not! :wink: ) so far leak free, which I am glad to have less pads to change and wash. Odor is much less noticeable, almost none at all in the morning, and I can sleep through the night and get some rest finally, should help with the bags under my eyes. 8) Best of all is if I didn't have any nighttime moments, which sometimes does occur albeit too infrequently, there is no wasted diaper to toss out as they tend not to retape so well.

Has anyone tried Gabby's as well as the Kins pull on cloth diapers, the ones without the outer covers? The Kins are cheaper, and wondered if they were about the same in what you get, or are the Gabby's just that much better for your dollar? Any info on Kins cloth would be helpful in the financial side of getting supplies.
So glad to have found this forum for support, you guys have many years of experience in dealing with incontinence that I don't, been "flyin' by the seat of my pants" so to speak. I would have probably been is disposables all my life if I hadn't done some reading in here, thanks for the support and knowledge,

Puff :D

Last edited by Puffy Pants on Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: prefold
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:05 am 

Puff, You say you can't get the prefold to fit right. It usually is a matter of how you fold them at the crotch. Try different folds. In the long run I have found them the best fit and best absorbancy. Good luck. Papa

Post subject: cloth prefolds
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:20 am 
Admin

Thanks for the input Papa, I am sure it will be a trial and error process to get it right. Wish I had kids, it would be much easier I am sure!
:wink:
Puff

Post subject: Cloth diapers
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:34 pm 
Admin

Well, I have received and tried both the Gabby's pull-on as well as the Kins, and there are things I like about both. The Gabby's are around $10 more a piece, and really like the fit, and found out real quick that the Mediums are rather large, so went with a small the next order, which fit much better for my 32 inch waist & 145 lb frame. With a couple cotton flats folded inside, they give you more then enough ability to get through the night without leaking anywhere. Their coverpants are by far the best out there I have tried, more like a cloth outer shell with a waterproof liner on the inside, and hold up very well. I found the Kins covers too thin and flimsy, and are by far more of a plasticy type coverpant then the Gabby's. Both cloth units are bulky, but feel much better then a disposable by a mile for me, as well as leaving me feeling a bit more dignified wearing a diaper at night, they just look like super layered underwear to me! :) The Kins do not have the liner on the inside flapping around, so they are better in the absorbsion department, but both do that well. They do take longer to dry for sure, and feel like there are more layers sewn into them. So, in the overall cloth picture, the Kins for the inner, and the Gabby's coverpant for the outer seem to be the best combination. I even found they work better with a pin-on applied first, then the one piece overtop if I know am in for a wetter night then normal, especially if I am out and have several drinks after 9PM or so, which is sometimes unavoidable if you don't want to raise any questions with those you are out with and notice you have stopped drinking whatever you were previously, I don't like to be any different then the guys I am out with! Just thought I would pass this along for anyone looking at cloth, I am glad I changed over for sure... Puffy